Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Your Controversial Film Opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    I hate kaiju Kong!!

B
    Jackson's was the best to date, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Agree to disagree. I found that movie incredibly boring. Personally I found Skull Island highly enjoyable.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I love that our level of intensity is usually "Agree to Disagree" LOL!

Comment

How dare you!? LOL LOL

Two of my favorites of course lol.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Clearly Tom Cruise is a Vampire LOL! The dude is in his 50's and still looks, well, like that HAHA!! I enjoyed his Jack Reacher films, I didn't want to, despite his lack of stature, he delivered on intensity. He has made some interesting Sci-Fi films, I liked Edge of Tomorrow, Groundhog Day with Aliens HAHAH!! William Smith? I Am Legend is watchable, but it's no Omega Man.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              I love that our level of intensity is usually "Agree to Disagree" LOL!
              Yea, Dan! Let's keep it civil.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              How dare you!? LOL LOL
              I'll admit. I'm both easily amused and entertained.

Comment

In honor of today's date, my controversial film opinion is that the Star Wars saga is completely overrated. I am an 80's kid and grew up with them; however, if I am being honest, while they are watchable, I have never sought them out and don't get the whole cultural phenomena thing (though I can admit that the toys I grew up with were pretty kick-a**). For me, the films themselves wouldn't even rank in my top ten sci-fi movies of all time. I do know that I am the minority here though and expect to be lambasted for this opinion. I can admit that the effects of the movie were revolutionary for their time; so, there is that.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  In honor of today's date, my controversial film opinion is that the Star Wars saga is completely overrated. I am an 80's kid and grew up with them; however, if I am being honest, while they are watchable, I have never sought them out and don't get the whole cultural phenomena thing (though I can admit that the toys I grew up with were pretty kick-a**). For me, the films themselves wouldn't even rank in my top ten sci-fi movies of all time. I do know that I am the minority here though and expect to be lambasted for this opinion. I can admit that the effects of the movie were revolutionary for their time; so, there is that.
                  I totally agree with you. I saw the original trilogy and Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace which was the first "new" Star Wars movie. The Phantom Menace was okay, I just didn't want to see a Star Wars movie again. As an adult, they just don't speak to me at all.

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    Agree to disagree. I found that movie incredibly boring. Personally I found Skull Island highly enjoyable.
                    I have Godzilla 2019 on my Wish List at SwapADVD. I am looking forward to King Kong vs Godzilla in this series. Cap
                    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I agree. I thought Jackson's version was the best, though at times he kind of went overboard on the action sequences.

I still have a fond spot for the original version, which I saw numerous times on the local cable channels growing up (although back then we called them the VHF channels; nobody new what cable television was yet).

Other than a young Jessica Lange, the De Laurentis version was abysmal.

B

Comment

I'm going to side with the original Kong. While the special effects might not hold up to modern sensibilities, this movie still holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          I don't think that's a controversial opinion. All I read was hate for that movie. I loved it, but I want to watch it again to see if I really loved it. Really really loved it.

I loved the first 90% of Hereditary but hated the way it ended.

i loved The Babadook but it gave me a huge case of the depressions. I will probably never watch it again. Or I might.

Didn't see It Follows or Saint Maude or Midsomar or The Lighthouse but want to. I really want to. Also I really really want to.

I think that covers the emergence of art-house horror movies. Which I like but not blindly. Not because the critics claim I should.
                          My wife has the same issue with Hereditary, but I think it comes down to how much you like that first 90%. If you are completely invested in it, then the shift in gears is rather jolting, but if not, then the fact that it goes completely bonkers would be seen as a plus. I liked it all, but that's because I was impressed that it went all in with the ending.

The Babadook is great. I don't remember it being depressing, but I remember siding with the mom about that kid.
                          It Follows is one I need to rewatch. Out of all of these titles, it felt the most embarrassed to be a horror movie and felt rather pretentious. Saint Maude hasn't been released yet, but I can't wait to see it. I missed it at a festival last year and I've been kicking myself about it, especially since all these releases are getting delayed due to COVID-19.

The Lighthouse...oh, The Lighthouse. This is an acting tour-de-force, but it would appeal more to an arthouse mentality than a horror one.

Here's an opinion: Arthouse Horror Films are only revolutionary to those not familiar with good horror fiction as they are only aping what good horror authors have been doing for decades: crafting solid stories centered around fully fleshed out characters and focusing on how the horror impacts the character's arc instead of focusing on solely on scary set pieces.

Comment

Very few, if any, movies disturb me enough that I'll never watch them again. Hereditary did that for me and I loved every minute of it. I don't know if horror is the correct genre for how good this movie is.

Midsomar bored me to tears and you can see what's going to happen within 10 minutes. Rebaked turd IMO.

I need to make a solid effort to check out the others mentioned.

On Mother's Day, my granddaughter was telling me about the movie Antrum. Supposedly the deadliest film ever made. Have any of you guys seen it?

Comment

Very few, if any, movies disturb me enough that I'll never watch them again. Hereditary did that for me and I loved every minute of it. I don't know if horror is the correct genre for how good this movie is.

Midsomar bored me to tears and you can see what's going to happen within 10 minutes. Rebaked turd IMO.

On Mother's Day, my granddaughter was telling me about the movie Antrum. Supposedly the deadliest film ever made. Have any of you guys seen it?
                              I’ve heard of Antrum, but haven’t seen it. I’m intrigued about the narrative structure, cursed feature film nestled in a mockumentary. It’s on my To Watch list, but that list is pretty long at this point.

Comment

Never heard of Antrum but just watched the trailer and I am intrigued. May try to watch this soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X