Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Sub Press's On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers

Hello friends -

I thought I would ask here first before playing the Make Offer game on eBay or work with someone on Abebooks:

The other day I saw on my wife's Goodreads feed that she marked Tim Powers's On Stranger Tides as Wanted to Read, and because I know things, I recognized the author's name (I don't believe I've ever read anything by him - but I know I own a few books) so I looked to see if there as a fancy version of this book.

And there was.

So I'm wondering if anyone has the Signed/Numbered edition that Subterranean Press published quite a while back. I'm good with a PC copy (if you happened to have that) - and if I'm being honest - condition isn't super important since I'm sure she'll be reading this copy.

Thanks in advance!

You may try reaching out to Bill at Sub Press and see if he has a slightly dinged or PC copy hanging around.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      You may try reaching out to Bill at Sub Press and see if he has a slightly dinged or PC copy hanging around.
      That's a good idea.

I also cross-posted at TDT and someone has already messaged me and said they actually have 3-4 copies of this book, and will send me some pics and prices.

Thanks Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        That's a good idea.

I also cross-posted at TDT and someone has already messaged me and said they actually have 3-4 copies of this book, and will send me some pics and prices.

Thanks Martin!
        If you dont get a good deal from someone, I can help. The Sub Press copy is nicely done. My extra copy is numbered (not PC).

I know I'm new here, but trustworthy and I pack very well.

Mulleins
        I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

That's a good idea.

Thanks Martin!
          Fantastic!

Comment

That's a cool, thoughtful surprise-gift idea, TD.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
              If you dont get a good deal from someone, I can help. The Sub Press copy is nicely done. My extra copy is numbered (not PC).

Mulleins
              Thanks! I appreciate that. I'll definitely get back to you if TDT connection doesn't pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                That's a cool, thoughtful surprise-gift idea, TD.
                I thought so too!

She's not into the crazy fancy editions of books like we all are (although, she does appreciate my Suntup Misery and Horns, and she has what amounts to a lettered Art in the Blood by Bonnie MacBird), but I think she'd appreciate this edition.

Plus, if I can get her more onboard with these crazy fancy editions, then she can't complain too much when I buy them for myself . . .
                Last edited by TacomaDiver; 04-04-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I thought so too!

She's not into the crazy fancy editions of books like we all are (although, she does appreciate my Suntup Misery and Horns, and she has what amounts to a lettered Art in the Blood by Bonnie MacBird), but I think she'd appreciate this edition.

Plus, if I can get her more onboard with these crazy fancy editions, then she can't complain too much when I buy them for myself . . .
                  Neither is my daughter, and I bought her the signed/limited Subterranean Press HC of CORALINE...she was crazy about that book (and film) when she was younger -- still is, really, even at college age -- and so I bought that book for her to hold on my shelf until she has a place of her own, and it'll be her house-warming gift. She knows about it, of course, and in fact is reading that very copy while she's home for spring break, and she thinks the whole idea is cool as well.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                    Neither is my daughter, and I bought her the signed/limited Subterranean Press HC of CORALINE...she was crazy about that book (and film) when she was younger -- still is, really, even at college age -- and so I bought that book for her to hold on my shelf until she has a place of her own, and it'll be her house-warming gift. She knows about it, of course, and in fact is reading that very copy while she's home for spring break, and she thinks the whole idea is cool as well.
                    That's an awesome gift too!

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
                      Just sent you a PM.

Comment

So a public thanks to mulleins!! He sold me a BEAUTIFUL edition of this book that I can’t wait to give my wife for her birthday. Pretty sure she no clue it’s happening so even better.

Thanks again sir! I TRULY appreciate you selling me this book.

Comment

So a public thanks to mulleins!! He sold me a BEAUTIFUL edition of this book that I can’t wait to give my wife for her birthday. Pretty sure she no clue it’s happening so even better.

Glad you were able to get a copy for her!

Comment

That Ralph kid is pretty awesome. Congrats, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              That Ralph kid is pretty awesome. Congrats, Jason!
                              He sure is!

Comment

Working...
                              X