THE OTHER PEOPLE by Subterranean Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE OTHER PEOPLE by Subterranean Press

SubPress announced today that they will be doing an edition of CJ Tudor's latest book titled THE OTHER PEOPLE. And I can't imagine a better title for this book. Because, for me, that's exactly who will be reading this book--other people.

That's it. That's my joke and the reason I started this thread. Also, I'm looking to part with CJ Tudor's other two books. Both number 73. Both read once. Which was more than enough.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    SubPress announced today that they will be doing an edition of CJ Tudor's latest book titled THE OTHER PEOPLE. And I can't imagine a better title for this book. Because, for me, that's exactly who will be reading this book--other people.

That's it. That's my joke and the reason I started this thread. Also, I'm looking to part with CJ Tudor's other two books. Both number 73. Both read once. Which was more than enough.
    I heard that The Other People bring the first two books into focus and gives them new purpose. You clearly need to buy and read The Other People to gain an appreciation of the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I heard that The Other People bring the first two books into focus and gives them new purpose. You clearly need to buy and read The Other People to gain an appreciation of the first two.
      Not gonna work! Not in the apocalypse. I don't hate myself enough. I challenge anyone here to read The Hiding Place and defend it. It's worse than The Mailman!

Comment

Not gonna work! Not in the apocalypse. I don't hate myself enough. I challenge anyone here to read The Hiding Place and defend it. It's worse than The Mailman!
        I enjoyed The Mailman! But, to be fair, the only Little book I haven't enjoyed (I've only read several) was Dispatch.

That being said, I feel obliged to get this title. I was indifferent to The Chalk Man (every twist was a disappointment) and haven't read The Hiding Place yet, but the completionist in me really wants the matching set...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
          I enjoyed The Mailman! But, to be fair, the only Little book I haven't enjoyed (I've only read several) was Dispatch.

That being said, I feel obliged to get this title. I was indifferent to The Chalk Man (every twist was a disappointment) and haven't read The Hiding Place yet, but the completionist in me really wants the matching set...
          NO! NO! Nonononononononono! You still have time! Read THE HIDING PLACE! Please! I implore you. I thought the same about Chalk Man and then I read The Hiding Place and it really puts her style in perspective. The plot twists in Hiding Place are LUDICROUS! It would be funny if she meant to be outlandish. But she was serious. If you like The Hiding Place, then by all means get The Other People. But don't go in blindly. I would have made the exact same decision you're considering based solely on Chalk Man.

Comment

NO! NO! Nonononononononono! You still have time! Read THE HIDING PLACE! Please! I implore you. I thought the same about Chalk Man and then I read The Hiding Place and it really puts her style in perspective. The plot twists in Hiding Place are LUDICROUS! It would be funny if she meant to be outlandish. But she was serious. If you like The Hiding Place, then by all means get The Other People. But don't go in blindly. I would have made the exact same decision you're considering based solely on Chalk Man.
            Jeff, I feel like you're trying to say something, but you're holding back. What is it??? Let it out man!!!

Comment

Your clearly deranged views on The Mailman clearly make your views here suspect.

Comment

Funny! I have plenty of books on my shelves that I dislike so this one might not be any different. It's just the collector in me vs the reader. I haven't read The Hiding Place yet.

Comment

Your constant disparagement of The Mailman makes it seem like you really want us to purchase this book. Well your reverse psychology didn't work on me!!!! I'm not going to buy this book..........oh wait!!! I guess it did work.
                  Still think that The Mailman is a great book

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Funny! I have plenty of books on my shelves that I dislike so this one might not be any different. It's just the collector in me vs the reader. I haven't read The Hiding Place yet.
                    I still have Peter Straub's Mr. X and there is no chance I will ever read that one again!

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      Your constant disparagement of The Mailman makes it seem like you really want us to purchase this book. Well your reverse psychology didn't work on me!!!! I'm not going to buy this book..........oh wait!!! I guess it did work.
                      Still think that The Mailman is a great book
                      You think that because it is a great book!

Comment

I think we should arrange for a certain someone to get a special grab bag of only Bentley Little books. All in favor, shout out "Heck yeah".

Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          I think we should arrange for a certain someone to get a special grab bag of only Bentley Little books. All in favor, shout out "Heck yeah".

Cap
                          "HECK YEAH"

Comment

Cap
                            Oh, heck yeah!

Comment

Cap
                              I'd feel awful taking books away from someone who might adore them. BUT once the electricity and gas are cut off, I will need something to burn for heat and raccoon preparation. So I'm torn.

Seriously, I have a Bentley Little collection already--The Washingtonians, Walking Alone (picked it up at the thrift store and overpaid for it), The Mailman, and The Circle. I might be getting a Little Little Book in the future too. So if I were to receive a box of Bentley Little books, I'd probably donate them to the library. Or give them to people who love his stuff. Or use them once my supply of toilet paper runs out.

Comment

Working...
                              X