Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is cool.

We chatted a good amount on social media many years ago. I just went back and looked at some of our messages.

At one point he sent me a partial script just to be nice. Pretty cool reading something that wasn't finished and, at least to me, from a well known author. I had the nerve to make a few comments and send them to him. He was gracious and said he appreciated the comments.

Now I am trying to find the script. It's not in my messages so I'm not even sure how I received it. Maybe it is lost. :-(
    I had a few email exchanges with him that are long lost. I just remember him as an everyday guy who really appreciated when people liked his writing.

Comment

Yes! That is what I remember as well.

He loved his craft, loved talking his craft, and loved people. Just a regular good guy.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I had a few email exchanges with him that are long lost. I just remember him as an everyday guy who really appreciated when people liked his writing.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Yes! That is what I remember as well.

He loved his craft, loved talking his craft, and loved people. Just a regular good guy.
        Perfect description!

Comment

Rick was a good guy, and a heckuva entertaining writer. I have the S/L MR.OCTOBER set, and am thrilled to have that homage to him. Have also a bunch of deluxe HCs from CD, PS, etc., as well all his pbos:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...880540160?s=21

Here’s an hour-long interview with him from back in 2012:

https://youtu.be/v8Pq9x-2U2A
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Here are my King Trade Hardback shelves. Two cabinets with two sections each that are about 8 feet above the ground in our master bedroom. Glass doors so I do not have to get the ladder out to dust as often.
            P1380825.1.jpgP1380824.2.jpgP1380823.3.jpgP1380822.4.jpgP1380826.6.jpgP1380827.5.jpg

Comment

If you guys are just looking to READ the two-volume MR. OCTOBER set, they're available digitally on Amazon for ten bucks apiece, and they're available as trade paperbacks. The hardcovers look pretty pricey.
              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Good deal Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                  If you guys are just looking to READ the two-volume MR. OCTOBER set, they're available digitally on Amazon for ten bucks apiece, and they're available as trade paperbacks. The hardcovers look pretty pricey.
                  I find that I do not read ebooks. If it was available on audio I would be all over it. To be honest I really want it because it honors a writer who, in my opinion, is very underappreciated and once reached out to me in appreciation for my liking his work. I wish I could remember why I missed out originally. I remember the book was to benefit his family and I loved the idea. Somehow I missed the ordering window but I can;t remember why. The joy of getting older, you can hide your own Easter eggs!
                  Last edited by Martin; 04-04-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                    Good deal Martin!
                    Thank you! I actually have my wife to thank for that one. She has given up on her efforts to get me to buy fewer books and is instead is suggesting creative ways to fit them into the house. One day we were lying in bed and she pointed up the the shelf. At that time she had some generally decorations up there, nothing she was to sold on but they kept it from being an empty space. She said "I wonder if you could find bookcases that would fit up there". The next day, before she had a chance to think about what she had offered up, I measured the space and ran to Ikea. Found that two of these would just fit. Bought them and had them installed that night. We both like them up there but When I add the King items I do not have I will not have room. Not sure what I am going to do about that. We have some shelves like that in our hallway and front room. Now when I look at them I just see how many books could fit up there. I have not asked her about converting those to book shelves yet. They are fully decorated and I do not think she would go for it. Of course I never thought she would want those in the bedroom and it was her idea so at some point I will ask and see what she says.

Comment

Working...
                    X