Thread: I'm Challenging YOU to find

Shazam! Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar

I'm Challenging YOU to find

I'm now reading The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James. I love the dustjacket cover and this is where my challenge to you comes in. I'd love to have the dustjacket image as a print. If I found it available as a print I'd more than likely buy it.

Inside the book it says Cover photos: Motel sign @ Tom Hogan/Plain Picture; Clouds @ Menno can der Haven/Shutterstock;
    Cover design by Sarah Oberrender

I've been searching without success so I'm asking for assistance here. If anyone does find the cover to The Sun Down Motel as a print I might offer a book as thanks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAO

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 03-28-2020 at 05:56 PM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Bela Lugosi's dead... Hearing Voices
    It seems to be a combination of images edited to make the cover. You might have to contact the publisher to see if you can get a copy.

Here's the original motel pic - https://assets.plainpicture.com/publ...54m1138604.jpg

That was on this page - https://www.plainpicture.com/en/sear...#image-1357265

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    It seems to be a combination of images edited to make the cover. You might have to contact the publisher to see if you can get a copy.

Here's the original motel pic - https://assets.plainpicture.com/publ...54m1138604.jpg

That was on this page - https://www.plainpicture.com/en/sear...#image-1357265
    As I did my post this morning I thought it looked as you describe-A combination of images and not just one image. I was also thinking about emailing the publisher and I did that tonight. I really don't expect a good reply. I guess I could just buy a second copy of the book and only keep the image on the front of the dustjacket.

Cap

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I agree, it’s a great cover, and just about sold the book to me just because of it. Just about.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I agree, it’s a great cover, and just about sold the book to me just because of it. Just about.
    I think the book is classified as a thriller or suspense. On the back of the dustjacket the book is described as creepy. ~Cap

The reviews I read were mixed which cooled my jets on it a bit. But the cover and synopsis are enticing enough that if I found it used I’d still snatch it up.

The publisher sent me a link so I could print the cover. Maybe a real print of the cover doesn't exist. I'll stop at a copy shop I've used before and see how a high quality print from the link they emailed me looks.

Cap

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    The publisher sent me a link so I could print the cover. Maybe a real print of the cover doesn't exist. I'll stop at a copy shop I've used before and see how a high quality print from the link they emailed me looks.

Cap
    That's cool. I hope the quality of the image is good.

Cap
    I once took a Hard Case Crime down to a Kinko’s branch to get a large print of it made, and they refused to do it because of copyright concerns. Hopefully you’ll have more luck than I did.

Bela Lugosi's dead... Hearing Voices

Cap
    That was nice of them. I hope you get a nice print from that.