Full Dark, No Stars: The Deluxe Special Edition
    an original novella collection by Stephen King

Full-color front and back cover artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
    Color and B&W artwork for "1922" by Glenn Chadbourne
    Color and B&W artwork for "Big Driver" by Jill Bauman
    Color and B&W artwork for "Fair Extension" by Alan M. Clark
    Color and B&W artwork for "A Good Marriage" by Vincent Chong

Update for Collectors:
    The signed Lettered Edition sold out within 2 hours of being announced and the signed Limited Edition sold out within 12 hours, and the Slipcased Gift Edition also sold out just about two months after it was announced, making it our second Stephen King book to completely sell out pre-publication.
    About this Deluxe Special Edition:
    Cemetery Dance Publications is very pleased to announce our Deluxe Special Edition of Stephen King's chilling new collection of novellas. The tales in Full Dark, No Stars are bleak, featuring some of the darkest moments of any King work in recent memory, and we've brought together a team of five acclaimed artists to create sixteen original, exclusive illustrations including black & white pieces and glossy color tip-ins.

This fine collectible volume was published in three editions printed in two colors on a high-quality paper, and the oversized and slipcased Collector's Gift Edition will be issued with the smallest print run of any Stephen King Gift Edition since we published From a Buick 8 in 2002. As many collectors know, that was one of the rare Gift Editions to sell out before publication and to go up in value significantly over the years.

The Cemetery Dance Deluxe Special Edition of Full Dark, No Stars will be the perfect addition to any Stephen King collection.

About the Book:
    "I believe there is another man inside every man, a stranger . . ." writes Wilfred Leland James in the early pages of the riveting confession that makes up "1922," the first in this pitch-black quartet of mesmerizing tales from Stephen King.

For James, that stranger is awakened when his wife, Arlette, proposes selling off the family homestead and moving to Omaha, setting in motion a gruesome train of murder and madness.

In "Big Driver," a cozy-mystery writer named Tess encounters the stranger along a back road in Massachusetts when she takes a shortcut home after a book-club engagement. Violated and left for dead, Tess plots a revenge that will bring her face-to-face with another stranger: the one inside herself.

"Fair Extension," the shortest of these tales, is perhaps the nastiest and certainly the funniest. Making a deal with the devil not only saves Dave Streeter from a fatal cancer but provides rich recompense for a lifetime of resentment.

When her husband of more than twenty years is away on one of his business trips, Darcy Anderson looks for batteries in the garage. Her toe knocks up against a box under a worktable and she discovers the stranger inside her husband. It's a horrifying discovery, rendered with bristling intensity, and it definitively ends "A Good Marriage."

Like Different Seasons and Four Past Midnight, which generated such enduring films as The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me, Full Dark, No Stars proves Stephen King a master of the long story form.

Published in three states:
    Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 1,750 copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping and marbled endpapers ($75)
    Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker, and embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King ($350)
    Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, a satin ribbon page marker, imported endpapers, and protected in a custom deluxe traycase, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($1500)
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Using five artists was a brilliant move!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      Using five artists was a brilliant move!
      Thanks! This one came together very quickly, and I'm extremely pleased by how it turned out. Loved the stories themselves, too, of course!

Brian
      Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
      My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

It's a gorgeous book, both the trade and the lettered edition(s).
        Can't wait for the lettered.

sk

Comment

Definitely have to agree. Great production, even had to go ahead and get a 2nd copy when that opportunity arose
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Great artwork was an added bonus to the stories of King. As the revew says, he does the long form story so amazingly well.

Comment

Tomislav and I had many, many discussions about the cover... and he went through several drafts of the artwork, each time changing it a little until we ended up with the "mirrored" front. It was a very fun process!
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I have the remarqued Gift edition of this one...very nice! Wish I could of bought the limited edition, though.

Comment

Brian posted some pictures of the lettered edition.

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...dition-photos/
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

It looks really nice.

Comment

That book is disturbingly gorgeous!!! No, I'm not bitter that I don't have one!! No sir, NOT BITTER AT ALL!!!

Comment

Don't wanna see it...don't wanna see it....
                        Mine has just cleared our Dutch customs...hopefully it'll be here next week....

Aw...I feel for you, Brad...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                          Do you feel bad enough to reroute your copy to my house??

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

sk
                            Lucky!

I so wish I had one of these! But I got the limited, which is fantastic just as well! But a nice lettered edition could always find a loving home next to my limited...

Comment

That box looks more comfortable than my bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X