Super 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super 8

I know this is a forum about writing and that Super 8 is a movie, but if you want to see a visual example of some mighty fine writing, go check it out. It's a great movie.
    With some great music in it too.
    If you're a sci-fi horror fan child of the 70's, you'll love this one.

I've been looking forwards to this one.
    Unfortunately, in my country I have to wait till the second week of August before I can see it.
    Fortunately, I'll be visiting the US in July, so hopefully it's still around then.

sk

Comment

Hi frik51,
      I expect Super 8 will still be in theaters here in the U.S. next month. It's a fun movie--lots of scary and lots of funny. And the kids in it were fantastic actors.

Comment

Great -that's good to know.
        Nothing like a Fridaynight at the movies!

sk

Comment

I'll have to look into this one. Saw the trailer for it ages ago...

Comment

I didn't think it was funny at all. The movie did have a good level of suspense, holding back on showing the 'monster' - similar to how they did it in the movie titled Monsters. The movie was good, just not scary. But that is just my opinion. Still, I would watch it in the theaters once. It reminded me of ET meets Explorers, with a suspenseful PG-13 twist.

Comment

I want to see this when it hits DVD I think. I am more anxious for this Apollo 18 movie.

http://apollo18movie.net/
              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I am excited for the Fright Night remake-though I am usually a bigger fan of the originals, I never get pissed when someone remakes something in their own style. I see it as one more horror movie for me to see That makes me happy!
                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

It seems many of us like the movies.
                  Isn't there a place for a movie thread somewhere?

Dan?

sk

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                    I am excited for the Fright Night remake-though I am usually a bigger fan of the originals, I never get pissed when someone remakes something in their own style. I see it as one more horror movie for me to see That makes me happy!
                    Yeah, but Colin Farrell... I just don't really see him in a horror flick.

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                    It seems many of us like the movies.
                    Isn't there a place for a movie thread somewhere?

Dan?

sk
                    Great idea, maybe as a sub forum in general discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Yeah, but Colin Farrell... I just don't really see him in a horror flick.
                      I am willing to give him a shot I just like horror movies-even BAD horror movies.
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Wow, good to see a new preview for Apollo 18, was interested in it when I first heard of it but there was very little to see. It could end up being a horrible movie, but I wanna see it
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I just love the idea of a horror story set in that environment in a time when we were still somewhat new to space.

Comment

I am really looking forward to Super 8. I think I'll go see it sometime this week for my birthday. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but it seems to be getting great reviews.

Comment

Happy Bday!

Comment

Working...
                              X