Locke & Key - Sandman Universe Crossover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locke & Key - Sandman Universe Crossover

Not sure if anyone saw this since the news dropped on Twitter this morning, but it looks like Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez get to take their Lock & Key universe, and play in Neil Gaiman's Sandman universe.

lockekeysandman.jpg

And for those of you who aren't familiar with Gaiman's Sandman, that's the Key to Hell on the cover . . .

October is the release date - I for one am excited.

Beyond excited...Wondering which Sandman we'll be seeing...Morpheus or Daniel?
    And did they say if this was a one-shot, a mini-series, or a graphic novel...?
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Time to read those Sandman graphic novels I keep putting off.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        Time to read those Sandman graphic novels I keep putting off.
        Do it! Skip Overture because it was �� <— poop emoji
        Last edited by TacomaDiver; 02-23-2020, 03:21 AM. Reason: Needed moar poops

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
          Beyond excited...Wondering which Sandman we'll be seeing...Morpheus or Daniel?
          And did they say if this was a one-shot, a mini-series, or a graphic novel...?
          Not sure if they’ve said. I would hope for a limited series at least. No idea about Morpheus vs Daniel. Interesting idea for Daniel though.

Comment

I am not familiar with Sandman but I am in for anything Locke & Key.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              I am not familiar with Sandman but I am in for anything Locke & Key.
              Amen! Stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Amen! Stoked!
                I am sure your reaction was much like mine!
                Last edited by Martin; 08-18-2020, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Cover reveal and a few details:

https://ew.com/books/exclusive-first...4deb0001351a99

Comment

With many variants I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it and listening to the audio book.

Comment

Knowing IDW, "many" variants will be an understatement.

And I've heard really great things about the Sandman audio book that Audible did.

Gabriel Rodriguez was recently on David (Mouse Guard) Petersen's OnlineCon stream and while I missed most of it, I did catch the end and he talked a little bit about the L&K/SU crossover. Nothing new was shared though.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

With many variants I'm sure. I'm looking forward to it and listening to the audio book.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                        Knowing IDW, "many" variants will be an understatement.

And I've heard really great things about the Sandman audio book that Audible did.

Gabriel Rodriguez was recently on David (Mouse Guard) Petersen's OnlineCon stream and while I missed most of it, I did catch the end and he talked a little bit about the L&K/SU crossover. Nothing new was shared though.

I have the Sandman Audio but have not started it yet. Will get to it soon so I can have it completed before Locke & Key stars up.

Comment

I have the Sandman Audio but have not started it yet. Will get to it soon so I can have it completed before Locke & Key stars up.
                          I'm not sure how far the Audible version goes, but I know it's not the full series. But if you're not familiar with the characters/premise, then it's probably a good intro to that mythos.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I'm not sure how far the Audible version goes, but I know it's not the full series. But if you're not familiar with the characters/premise, then it's probably a good intro to that mythos.
                            Literally the only thing I know about it was that it was a graphic novel written by Neil Gaiman. The Gaiman work I have read so far has underwhelmed me. Hopefully this story will work for me.

Comment

Literally the only thing I know about it was that it was a graphic novel written by Neil Gaiman. The Gaiman work I have read so far has underwhelmed me. Hopefully this story will work for me.
                              In the original comics, the first chapter (Preludes & Nocturnes) was kind of rough. Didn't really find its voice until the 8th issue (first appearance of Death.) I think part of that was Sam Keith not being the right artist (Jimi Hendrix in the Beatles is the quote used . . . ) and the fact DC didn't know what they were doing (forcing Gaiman to include the Justice League for example.) But there are some great pieces in that first arc (I am Hope, and the diner issue as two examples.)

Comment

Working...
                              X