Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up for pre-order: New HCC book to be signed by Brian De Palma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up for pre-order: New HCC book to be signed by Brian De Palma.

Saw this in today's e-newsletter, and I thought some folks here might be interested in a Brian De Palma signature on his new crime book coming out soon from Hard Case Crime. Publication day is still a month away (March 17th), so the signing won't be for a while, but pre-orders are being taken now:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/p...eid=f261cb3751

depalma.jpg

Info on the book: http://www.hardcasecrime.com/books_b...s%20Necessary?

The authors are also going to be at the Strand Bookstore on March 16th, the day before publication:

https://www.strandbooks.com/event/palma-lehman-snakes
    Last edited by RonClinton; 02-21-2020, 07:48 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Thanks for this, Ron. Ordered! I'm a long-time HUGE De Palma fan, and had no idea about this. Funnily enough, I hovered over the Mysterious Bookshop newsletter email this morning- and hit "delete" without opening. I love their newsletter but said to myself "You can't afford to need anything in it today. What you don't know won't hurt you". This trumps that thought! Again- thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
      Thanks for this, Ron. Ordered! I'm a long-time HUGE De Palma fan, and had no idea about this. Funnily enough, I hovered over the Mysterious Bookshop newsletter email this morning- and hit "delete" without opening. I love their newsletter but said to myself "You can't afford to need anything in it today. What you don't know won't hurt you". This trumps that thought! Again- thanks for posting.
      Always glad to help you spend your money, Ron.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have yet to be disappointed with a Hard Case story.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I have yet to be disappointed with a Hard Case story.
          Hopefully, this won't be the first! De Palma is nothing if not polarizing, and I'd bet that his first foray into prose won't be any different.

Comment

Thanks, I just ordered a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              Hopefully, this won't be the first! De Palma is nothing if not polarizing, and I'd bet that his first foray into prose won't be any different.
              I was not aware of this. I know De Palma is a movie producer but at the moment I am to exhausted to even think of one of his movies.

Comment

The two that come to mind for me are Scarface and Carrie.

Comment

I clicked on the link and ordered a copy of Are Snakes Necessary? ~Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    The two that come to mind for me are Scarface and Carrie.
                    Thank you. I had in my head that he had done a King story but could not pull it up.

Comment

Did anyone ever get this book? I see that the unsigned edition is available on Amazon. I emailed the store to see if there were any updates on the signed copy, but haven't heard back.

Comment

Yes, I did. According to their last news letter (Mysterious Book shop), the book is still available.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          Did anyone ever get this book? I see that the unsigned edition is available on Amazon. I emailed the store to see if there were any updates on the signed copy, but haven't heard back.
                          I also got my copy from the Mysterious Bookshop. ~Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Thanks guys. I emailed again. If I don't hear back I'll just call them next time.

Comment

My copy from the Mysterious Bookshop- ordered the day Ron posted about here- was "fulfilled" on June 15, after an understandable Covid delay. I had also placed an order at the same time with Strand bookstore, but they cancelled the order soon after Covid hit. I recently got an email from them saying that they now have signed copies, in case I wanted to reorder. So, if you have any issues with your MP order (they look sold out online), try Strand. i haven't read the book yet, but reviews have been pretty brutal. Also, De Palma's signature is pretty rough. Hard to tell it's even him. I don't know what I was expecting, but.. just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                              X