No announcement yet.

Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got shipping notice on a little black book. Maybe I will be able to have lunch with someone soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Just got shipping notice on a little black book. Maybe I will be able to have lunch with someone soon.
      Fly to Chicago and have lunch with me and Brad and we can discuss the merits of Bentley Little's fiction.

Comment

I will give you the truth before Mr. Terry chimes in. It was good but not great.
        BL ruins everything!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          Fly to Chicago and have lunch with me and Brad and we can discuss the merits of Bentley Little's fiction.
          Life events will not allow me to come to Chicago right now but if you find yourself in the Portland/Vancouver area I know a great Creole place. You will have to come on a Wednesday though. They only serve lunch on Wednesday’s.

Comment

Life events will not allow me to come to Chicago right now but if you find yourself in the Portland/Vancouver area I know a great Creole place. You will have to come on a Wednesday though. They only serve lunch on Wednesday’s.
            I'll have to get there!

Comment

That's not Bentley Little's Creole Kitchen you're referring to, is it?? I've heard GREAT things about that place.

Comment

He is a Man of many talents, they say! LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                  That's not Bentley Little's Creole Kitchen you're referring to, is it?? I've heard GREAT things about that place.
                  I believe it's called THE Creole Kitchen!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                    That's actually the title of the next Bentley Little book.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      That's actually the title of the next Bentley Little book.
                      LOL!! The Kitchen!

Comment

Since I brought it up here is a link. Best restaurant in Portland and a very different experience lunch to dinner. Dinner is white table cloth and the waiter scraping the crumbs from your table for you. Great date night place. Lunch is Po’ Boys and Bourbon street casual. Www.acadiapdx.com

Comment

About a third of the way through Mr. Malerman’s story and I am enjoying it. Mr. Terry, if you get a chance please thank him for farming this out to such a great writer.
                          So to continue my useless and rambling commentary while reading this book. My reading time remains very limited but I and a bit past the halfway mark on Mr. Malerman’s novella. Up to now it is easily the best thing I have read from him. My reading of him is limited to Birdbox (good but not enough to inspire me to read more of his work) and his Borderlands Little Book (bad enough to make me resistant to read more of his work. If this one continues on its current path I will probably go for one of his other titles that current reside in my tbr pile. There is an early thread in the story that has been lost for sometime. I hope he ties it back into the story.

Comment

So the Malerman novella was a great ending to a great collection. This was a five star read for me and I am glad I will have the limited on my shelf in the future. If some of the lettered were to come available I may even have to consider it. Big thanks to Brian for putting this together! For me this is up there with 999 in collections and that is high praise!

Comment

So the Malerman novella was a great ending to a great collection. This was a five star read for me and I am glad I will have the limited on my shelf in the future. If some of the lettered were to come available I may even have to consider it. Big thanks to Brian for putting this together! For me this is up there with 999 in collections and that is high praise!
                              Wow, thank you!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Man, 999 is a true classic. Can't wait for this. I'm curious about the general.. "vibe" of this one, however. You had mentioned that it had a pulpy, Weird Tales-y feel to it? The key art and general info doesn't really scream that to me. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                                X