Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So to continue my rambling commentary on the reading of this book. Life has gotten in the way of my reading lately but I have only Mr. Malerman’s novella left to read. Unless that is a total stinker this will rate as one of my favorite anthologies. Some stories are better than others but there has not been a bad read. More weird tales than horror in general but a very fun ride. If Malerman ruins it for me I will directly and forever blame One person. Mr Terry I am looking at you. I am going to miss this one when I finish it.

Thank you again Mr. Freeman for pulling together such unique and complementary stories. On a side note, I know Billy Chizmar is still in school and has a way to go before he settles into a career but I for one hope he keeps writing. I loved Mr Bones’ Wild Ride.
    It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Litle.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
      It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Little.
      If that is the case then I am sure I will like it. Actually about 15 pages in and I am intrigued. It is always interesting to move from short stories to a novella. Short stories have a tendency to go straight for the jugular as a novella will have a slower burn.

Comment

It's my understanding that Mr. Malerman's work load is overwhelming. What with the follow-up to Bird Box and all. It's such that he's allowed a certain ghost writer to meet his contractual demands. That ghost writer is none other than Bentley Little. It's my contention that if you dislike the Malerman entry into this anthology, then you must blame Bentley Litle.
        Jeff, did you order this title? Assuming it was because of the Bentley ghost writing??

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          Jeff, did you order this title? Assuming it was because of the Bentley ghost writing??
          I ordered both editions because I'm secretly infatuated with Little. I just can't break his gravitational pull. I'm trapped in his orbit.

Comment

I ordered both editions because I'm secretly infatuated with Little. I just can't break his gravitational pull. I'm trapped in his orbit.
            Called it!!

Comment

About a third of the way through Mr. Malerman’s story and I am enjoying it. Mr. Terry, if you get a chance please thank him for farming this out to such a great writer.

Comment

About a third of the way through Mr. Malerman’s story and I am enjoying it. Mr. Terry, if you get a chance please thank him for farming this out to such a great writer.
                I'm having lunch with both of them right now. They both said you're welcome. Steve is also here and he's signing my AGE of Misery.

Comment

I'm having lunch with both of them right now. They both said you're welcome. Steve is also here and he's signing my AGE of Misery.
                  Hope your lunch is better than what I had.

Comment

... Steve is also here and he's signing my AGE of Misery.
                    You're welcome! He owed me a favor after I told him Pennywise should REALLY be a clown and not a washing machine repair guy.

Comment

Hope your lunch is better than what I had.
                      If I'm eating with Malerman and King, then I could be eating fried shoelaces and be happy.

You're welcome! He owed me a favor after I told him Pennywise should REALLY be a clown and not a washing machine repair guy.
                      Good call! Yeah he didn't believe me that the villain in Duma Key should be a pirate witch painting--he wanted to make it a factory worker at a cereal plant set in rural Ohio for no damn reason.

Comment

I actually like the repair guy idea.

Comment

If I'm eating with Malerman and King, then I could be eating fried shoelaces and be happy.

Good call! Yeah he didn't believe me that the villain in Duma Key should be a pirate witch painting--he wanted to make it a factory worker at a cereal plant set in rural Ohio for no damn reason.
                          It did not say that on the package but I may have that for lunch, minus the frying part of the program.

Comment

I actually like the repair guy idea.
                            Yeah, that was a Little book called The Handyman . . .

Comment

Yeah, that was a Little book called The Handyman . . .
                              Was it good??

Comment

Was it good??
                                I will give you the truth before Mr. Terry chimes in. It was good but not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X