Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Man, 999 is a true classic. Can't wait for this. I'm curious about the general.. "vibe" of this one, however. You had mentioned that it had a pulpy, Weird Tales-y feel to it? The key art and general info doesn't really scream that to me. Can you elaborate?
    By the end I no longer had that feel. That is probably another thing that brings 999 to mind. There really is a variety of story types. Early on I really had a Weird Tales vibe. The Malerman novella is pure horror. For me this book checked all the boxes. I am also really impressed that Brian was able to pull such a diverse and original group of tales that all had some sort of circus theme.

I was really hoping to like more of this one than I disliked and I ended up liking every page I read.

I also agree 999 is a true classic so I do not give the comparison lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      Wow, thank you!

Brian
      Thank You. I know a trade is at least a year away, if it happens. Any plans for an audio version? I would be on that in a heartbeat! Having these takes to listen to while I am driving would be beyond fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        By the end I no longer had that feel. That is probably another thing that brings 999 to mind. There really is a variety of story types. Early on I really had a Weird Tales vibe. The Malerman novella is pure horror. For me this book checked all the boxes. I am also really impressed that Brian was able to pull such a diverse and original group of tales that all had some sort of circus theme.

I was really hoping to like more of this one than I disliked and I ended up liking every page I read.

I also agree 999 is a true classic so I do not give the comparison lightly.
        Got it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comment

Saw sneak peak of the lettered endpapers. Insane!

Comment

So the Malerman novella was a great ending to a great collection. This was a five star read for me and I am glad I will have the limited on my shelf in the future. If some of the lettered were to come available I may even have to consider it. Big thanks to Brian for putting this together! For me this is up there with 999 in collections and that is high praise!
            Wow! That is fantastic. I'm really glad I jumped on this.

Comment

Glad to read the positive review. I’m in on the limited and am now regretting not jumping on the lettered. Looking forward to reading this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Saw sneak peak of the lettered endpapers. Insane!
                That image is rather epic.

Comment

Anyone who missed out who really does still want one, even if you're waiting for a little more cash in your bank account, please just drop me a line. There are always cancellations. I'll make a list of who we need to make sure get offered any available copies. Thanks!

Brian
                  Brian, I'd LOVE a copy! I asked Mindy for one, but then realized I didn't have the cash. Then coronavirus broke out and I'm stuck at home. I emailed her again, but no luck. I'm screwed. I so badly want a copy. Is there no hope for more copies?

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia View Post
                    Brian, I'd LOVE a copy! I asked Mindy for one, but then realized I didn't have the cash. Then coronavirus broke out and I'm stuck at home. I emailed her again, but no luck. I'm screwed. I so badly want a copy. Is there no hope for more copies?
                    Sometimes people cancel orders. There is always hope.

Comment

This is of course a terrible time to ask this question right now, but- where is/was this in the publication queue? Seemed like it was imminent..? But, that was then..

Comment

This is of course a terrible time to ask this question right now, but- where is/was this in the publication queue? Seemed like it was imminent..? But, that was then..
                        Already at the printer, and specifically the printer that has deemed their business to be essential to their state. So... still rolling for now!

Brian
                        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Already at the printer, and specifically the printer that has deemed their business to be essential to their state. So... still rolling for now!

Brian
                          Excellent! Thanks, Brian. Since you're here- what book are you announcing Monday?

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia View Post
                            I hope you are able to get a copy. It is a great read and I hope anyone who wants a copy can get their hands on one.

Comment

I hope you are able to get a copy. It is a great read and I hope anyone who wants a copy can get their hands on one.
                              With a little help- - I was able to secure a copy. I really look forward to it- mostly on your good words about it here!

Comment

With a little help- - I was able to secure a copy. I really look forward to it- mostly on your good words about it here!
                                Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Comment

Working...
                                X