Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman

Carrying the fire. 1st Electroshock Session jeffingoff's Avatar
    My prayers and good vibes (what there are) are with all of you! I'm hoping we get through this and back to normal sooner than we expect.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Thanks, Martin. My prayers, for what they're worth, are out there for the patient you're acting as caregiver for.
    They are worth more than you can imagine. One quarter of the way in 2020 has been the toughest year of my life. Better days are ahead but many rough days remain in the path to those better days.

Better than rejuvenation! Inmate
    I'm sorry to hear that, Martin. As you said, we can only hope for better days ahead.

Junior Member Visitor Fiendlover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I read the Intermission today. I had doubts that the poetry could keep my interest as high as the stories in Act One. Well I am happy to report that the Intermission is an integral part of the show. Anyone who buys this book and plans to skip the Poetry I implore you to read Clowns by Robert Payne Cabeen. I believe that one will display why you need to stick with the Intermission. The only drawback, and it is a minor one, I kept trying to read the first story of Act Three in a poetic cadence.

Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!
    I'm glad to hear that the poetry is good. Robert Payne Cabeen is an excellent poet and does a lot of fun with horror in poetry. If you haven't already, check out his collection Fearworms. It's great.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiendlover View Post
    I'm glad to hear that the poetry is good. Robert Payne Cabeen is an excellent poet and does a lot of fun with horror in poetry. If you haven't already, check out his collection Fearworms. It's great.
    I will look that up, thank you for the recommendation. Often Poetry is a chore for me to read. The poetry in this book felt more like ready good short stories, just in poetic prose.

That's the kind of poetry I like as well. Any other favorite poems in this collection? Maybe I can help point you in other poetry directions.

That's the kind of poetry I like as well. Any other favorite poems in this collection? Maybe I can help point you in other poetry directions.
    I checked to see if the book you recommended was available from Powell's since I am looking for items to buy from them. Unfortunately it is not but the publisher is selling it via Amazon. I may give it a shot.

Christina Sng had multiple good poems included in this volume.

Glad to hear that Amazon at least has it. I'm not a huge fan of free verse but I have read Christina Sng's A Collection of Nightmares, which I believe won the Stoker Award, and it wasn't bad. I liked the post-apocalypse themes.
    "To mutter swift a minatory rune;
    And, ere the tomb-thrown echoings have ceased,
    The blue-eyed vampire, sated at her feast,
    Smiles bloodily against the leprous moon."
    A Wine of Wizardry by George Sterling

Shazam! Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Martin -I don't see it on Amazon now. Did you mean it will be available on Amazon eventually? Cap

I checked to see if the book you recommended was available from Powell's since I am looking for items to buy from them. Unfortunately it is not but the publisher is selling it via Amazon. I may give it a shot.

Christina Sng had multiple good poems included in this volume.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    Martin -I don't see it on Amazon now. Did you mean it will be available on Amazon eventually? Cap
    He means the book of poetry I recommended.

He means the book of poetry I recommended.
    Correct, I was speaking of Fearworms. The publisher is selling via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...6205811&sr=8-1

I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed the poetry in this book. Another author with multiple good poems in the book was Stephanie M. Wytovich. Any suggestions you have will be welcome. Clowns by Cabeen stuck with me the most so he is who I will probably first.

I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed the poetry in this book. Another author with multiple good poems in the book was Stephanie M. Wytovich. Any suggestions you have will be welcome. Clowns by Cabeen stuck with me the most so he is who I will probably first.
    I'm not the biggest fan of hers but out of what I've read, I liked Brothel. Mourning Jewelry was another that wasn't bad.

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Sometimes people cancel orders. There is always hope.
    I was hopeful to nab a copy from a canceled order or ARC. Given the current situation I'm wanting to support more norw than ever USA companies.

Junior Member Visitor
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when this book will publish? I think I'm flat out of luck trying to get a new copy.

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when this book will publish? I think I'm flat out of luck trying to get a new copy.
    Should be out this summer. It's currently at the printer.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Junior Member Visitor
    Thanks Dan! Do you think I'll be able to get a used copy? I've never really tried this hard to get a CD book!

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Thanks Dan! Do you think I'll be able to get a used copy? I've never really tried this hard to get a CD book!
    Almost certainly. I also wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with extras, from cancellations and what not.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks