Midnight Under The Big Top edited by Brian James Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am one story away from completing Act One and I am compelled to comment. This is a fantastic anthology. Probably the best one I have read since 999! I am always Leery of themed anthologies but so far this is hitting all the marks. Old story from Stephen King that I have not read before. Joe Hill story that I have read several times and still enjoy reading. Strong stories from Neil Gaiman, Kelley Armstrong and others. The best story I have read so far is from an author I had not even heard of before, Tananarive Due. Her story really packs a punch! Glenn Chadbournes art really represent the stories well also and match the 'Weird Tales' feel the book has.

This edition is a home run already and I am less than half way through!
    Thank you! I hope the rest of the book continues along this path!
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Question--was this anthology previously opened for orders? I'm shocked with how quickly it sold out. That's not a knock on the book or CD. I just think it sold exceptionally fast. I jumped on both editions myself--but that's largely because I'm a Malerman fan and the lettered edition wasn't astronomically high.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Question--was this anthology previously opened for orders? I'm shocked with how quickly it sold out. That's not a knock on the book or CD. I just think it sold exceptionally fast. I jumped on both editions myself--but that's largely because I'm a Malerman fan and the lettered edition wasn't astronomically high.
        Nope, just sold out really fast. Honestly faster than any of us were expecting.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Nope, just sold out really fast. Honestly faster than any of us were expecting.
          Well I'm thrilled it did. Congratulations are in order.

I gotta say that a LOT of books have been selling out very quickly lately.
          PS's Dead Zone
          Centipede's Peter Watts set
          Suntup's Red Dragon and Wells books (I didn't think the Wells books would sell out as quickly as they did).
          and of course Midnight Under the Big Top.

And I think the only reasonable explanation is my YouTube channel. I've single-handedly stirred all the interest in these small presses. Me. No other reason.

Comment

And I think the only reasonable explanation is my YouTube channel. I've single-handedly stirred all the interest in these small presses. Me. No other reason.
            Personally, I think it's your humble soft spoken nature that's doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Personally, I think it's your humble soft spoken nature that's doing it.
              Exactly! I have the best humility. The most amazing humility. I've talked to everyone and they all agree, everyone tells me that my humility is the biggest, richest, most impressive humility they've ever seen. Bar none. Bar none. And let me tell you that when other people show up with their humility, they are weak. They are weak and disgusting. It sickens me actually. I'm not afraid to say it. Their humility is pathetic. My humility drives sales. Stick with my humility and you'll get tired of winning. So much winning.

Comment

Exactly! I have the best humility. The most amazing humility. I've talked to everyone and they all agree, everyone tells me that my humility is the biggest, richest, most impressive humility they've ever seen. Bar none. Bar none. And let me tell you that when other people show up with their humility, they are weak. They are weak and disgusting. It sickens me actually. I'm not afraid to say it. Their humility is pathetic. My humility drives sales. Stick with my humility and you'll get tired of winning. So much winning.
                #[email protected]

Comment

Yeah, I snoozed and lost out because I was hoping to get a few more months of the collector's club credit under my belt to offset the cost...I was NOT expecting this to sell out so fast. Surprised, and bummed out.
                  http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    He's a Humble Bumble LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                      Yeah, I snoozed and lost out because I was hoping to get a few more months of the collector's club credit under my belt to offset the cost...I was NOT expecting this to sell out so fast. Surprised, and bummed out.
                      Yeah, same here. That was a surprise. Thought it might be around awhile. Looks like a cool book! Well, Congrats to CD, Brian, and those who snagged one! Hopefully this'll be the start of more like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                        Thank you! I hope the rest of the book continues along this path!
                        I read the Intermission today. I had doubts that the poetry could keep my interest as high as the stories in Act One. Well I am happy to report that the Intermission is an integral part of the show. Anyone who buys this book and plans to skip the Poetry I implore you to read Clowns by Robert Payne Cabeen. I believe that one will display why you need to stick with the Intermission. The only drawback, and it is a minor one, I kept trying to read the first story of Act Three in a poetic cadence.

Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!

Comment

I have nothing to add to this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Mr. Freeman, I can't convey how much I am enjoying this read. Thank you and keep the creative book ideas coming!
                            Thank you!

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Comment

Anyone who missed out who really does still want one, even if you're waiting for a little more cash in your bank account, please just drop me a line. There are always cancellations. I'll make a list of who we need to make sure get offered any available copies. Thanks!

Brian
                              Brian James Freeman

Comment

So to continue my rambling commentary on the reading of this book. Life has gotten in the way of my reading lately but I have only Mr. Malerman’s novella left to read. Unless that is a total stinker this will rate as one of my favorite anthologies. Some stories are better than others but there has not been a bad read. More weird tales than horror in general but a very fun ride. If Malerman ruins it for me I will directly and forever blame One person. Mr Terry I am looking at you. I am going to miss this one when I finish it.

Thank you again Mr. Freeman for pulling together such unique and complementary stories. On a side note, I know Billy Chizmar is still in school and has a way to go before he settles into a career but I for one hope he keeps writing. I loved Mr Bones’ Wild Ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X