Earthling Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthling Publications

I didn't see a dedicated thread for Earthling on the forum, so I figured I'd start one.

A couple interesting tidbits from their newsletter today.

The first being that Hirshberg's NOTHING TO DEVOUR will be out in spring. I'm a big Hirshberg fan and am on the list for lettered editions once they get around to them.

The second was that they have a "surprise lettered edition of a book whose numbered edition was published by a well-known specialty press." And the author is someone that Earthling has published in the past. Here are my guesses:

1. THOSE WHO ARE WAVING by Glen Hirshberg (published by CD)
    2. OUTSIDE THE GATES OF EDEN by Lewis Shiner (published by Subterranean)
    3. ON THIS, THE DAY OF THE PIG by Josh Malerman (published by CD)

Anybody have any guesses?

Either way I'm very interested in what it will be. I have yet to pick up a lettered edition from Earthling, but the pictures of the ones I have seen look fantastic. It the title strikes my fancy, I'm hoping to get lucky and snag one.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I didn't see a dedicated thread for Earthling on the forum, so I figured I'd start one.

A couple interesting tidbits from their newsletter today.

The first being that Hirshberg's NOTHING TO DEVOUR will be out in spring. I'm a big Hirshberg fan and am on the list for lettered editions once they get around to them.

The second was that they have a "surprise lettered edition of a book whose numbered edition was published by a well-known specialty press." And the author is someone that Earthling has published in the past. Here are my guesses:

1. THOSE WHO ARE WAVING by Glen Hirshberg (published by CD)
    2. OUTSIDE THE GATES OF EDEN by Lewis Shiner (published by Subterranean)
    3. ON THIS, THE DAY OF THE PIG by Josh Malerman (published by CD)

Anybody have any guesses?

Either way I'm very interested in what it will be. I have yet to pick up a lettered edition from Earthling, but the pictures of the ones I have seen look fantastic. It the title strikes my fancy, I'm hoping to get lucky and snag one.
    I have no clue but with Mallory coming out this year I could see them doing a lettered Malerman.

Comment

I LOVE THE Malerman guess with Day of the Pig. But Paul is going to do a lettered for Goblin so I couldn't see him putting in the energy behind Pig. I'd buy the living hell out of it if it is though.

I was wondering if it was a Jeff Strand book.

I really have no guesses.

Comment

I need to get in touch with EP just to say hi -- Paul at Earthling was the first publisher to give me a "break" back in the day (with my debut novel MIDNIGHT RAIN) and I've never forgotten that. Haven't spoken to him in years, but he's a wonderful guy and it's great to hear he's still in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by James Newman View Post
          I need to get in touch with EP just to say hi -- Paul at Earthling was the first publisher to give me a "break" back in the day (with my debut novel MIDNIGHT RAIN) and I've never forgotten that. Haven't spoken to him in years, but he's a wonderful guy and it's great to hear he's still in the business.
          He is a great guy. I'd love to see him get more support. He's sending me a galley of the new Halloween series book and I'm going to do an unboxing/review of it and I'm sure that will lead to ~2 sales for him give or take 2.

Comment

I have a couple of books on order there, one of which is a pre-order. The other one is on its way.
            Last edited by Dave1442397; 06-17-2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

From Earthling's newsletter today, it looks like a couple more lettered editions will be announced over the next few weeks. Glad to see Paul starting to get caught up on the backlog of lettered editions. I'm really hoping one of these will be either MOTHERLESS CHILD or THE HALLOWEEN CHILDREN.

Does anybody have a list of which Earthling titles have had their lettered editions published?

Comment

Working...
              X