Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I gather there has been a cost increase shipping items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gather there has been a cost increase shipping items?

It is not my intent to start a raucous discussion here or upset someone. However, that being said..
    Tonight, I decided I'd finally order one item. I got to the Shipping cost page and couldn't believe what I was seeing. UPS Ground $21.33, USPS Priority Mail $12.59, FedEx Home Delivery $21.18. I was shocked and dismayed to see these costs. Dan/Brian-When did this change in Shipping costs take effect?

Steve (AKA Cap)
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

That's probably a pretty fair rate for priority. Not sure about the others as I don't have much experience with them. Was media mail not offered, Steve?

Comment

Those sound in the neighborhood when I last shipped some things around the holidays. Media mail is much cheaper.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        That's probably a pretty fair rate for priority. Not sure about the others as I don't have much experience with them. Was media mail not offered, Steve?
        It was not offered since I was going to order a t-shirt. ~Steve

Comment

The rates displayed are pulled from UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex automatically based on location, weight, and the type of item. (For example, Media Mail isn't offered if there's a non-book item in the shipment.) That doesn't mean there can't be glitches or other issues, though! Send me an email and let me know which item, and I'll poke around and see what's up. Thanks!

Best,
          Brian
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Yeah, I kind of wish there was a cheaper shipping option for the shirts, as Priority Mail adds a significant amount to the cost of the item, percentage-wise. I would think they could be shipped in a bag for $5.00 or less via USPS First Class Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
              Yeah, I kind of wish there was a cheaper shipping option for the shirts, as Priority Mail adds a significant amount to the cost of the item, percentage-wise. I would think they could be shipped in a bag for $5.00 or less via USPS First Class Mail.
              Unfortunately there's really nothing cheaper for non book items. USPS removed the "parcel post" shipping method 5 or 6 years ago, which would have been cheaper depending where you lived, but now the cheapest option is Priority Mail. Unless you live in a major metropolitan area or within a one state range of us, then UPS or FedEx can come in around that $10 - $12 mark for a single shirt.

Honestly these prices are part of why we've moved shirt sales over to TeeSpring. Their shipping volumes are high enough that they can negotiate better rates with the shipping companies than we can.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

LOL! I think I like your thinking.

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                The rates displayed are pulled from UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex automatically based on location, weight, and the type of item. (For example, Media Mail isn't offered if there's a non-book item in the shipment.) That doesn't mean there can't be glitches or other issues, though! Send me an email and let me know which item, and I'll poke around and see what's up. Thanks!

Best,
                Brian
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Honestly shipping costs in general have gone up drastically in the past 2 years. Especially in the international shipping department. It used to seem like a logical step up from 1 to 5lbs, but in the last couple of months the jump from a 3lbs international package to a 4lbs international package has skyrocketed. It's almost as cheap to send that same package via priority mail now instead of First Class international. Which is just absurd to me. As I understand it, it may jump even more later this year due to some international shipping agreements breaking down. Something about the US leaving a collective agreement in favor of negotiating with each country individually. I forget the details, but it's a mess.

Instagram

Comment

By the way we are digging into these prices though, as the non media mail stuff does seem high. We'll let you know if we come up with something.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Best,
                      Brian
                      Brian-I have sent you an email. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Honestly shipping costs in general have gone up drastically in the past 2 years. Especially in the international shipping department. It used to seem like a logical step up from 1 to 5lbs, but in the last couple of months the jump from a 3lbs international package to a 4lbs international package has skyrocketed. It's almost as cheap to send that same package via priority mail now instead of First Class international. Which is just absurd to me. As I understand it, it may jump even more later this year due to some international shipping agreements breaking down. Something about the US leaving a collective agreement in favor of negotiating with each country individually. I forget the details, but it's a mess.
                        I do understand about shipping costs. Please pardon my grousing. ~Steve

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          Brian-I have sent you an email. Steve
                          Got it, and we're investigating!
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Note: This is not book related--When I have shipped material items, no books, to my niece for her twin daughters, each time it has cost me approx. $13 or $14 to mail. I may be done sending my niece any material items because of the high cost of USPS postage.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                              Note: This is not book related--When I have shipped material items, no books, to my niece for her twin daughters, each time it has cost me approx. $13 or $14 to mail. I may be done sending my niece any material items because of the high cost of USPS postage.

Steve
                              I told my family in Ireland that I wasn't shipping anything over for Christmas any more. The shipping costs had gotten out of control. It's easier for me to order a gift certificate to a nice restaurant and have it sent to them. If I want to order any other goods, they come from Amazon UK now.

Comment

Working...
                              X