Thread: Lullabies for Suffering, Thunderstorm Books -- anyone?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement

Lullabies for Suffering, Thunderstorm Books -- anyone?

Anyone pre-ordering a copy of the limited-to-preorder S/L HC anthology, Lullabies for Suffering:

Lullabies for Suffering
    by Caroline Kepnes, Gabino Iglesias, John FD Taff, Mercedes M Yardley, Mark Matthews, & Kealan Patrick Burke
    Each story in Lullabies For Suffering features the insidious nature of addiction—damaged humans craving for highs and wholeness but finding something more tragic and horrific on the other side. An incredibly talented group of writers sing these songs of suffering.

The addiction theme doesn't do much for me, but (with respect to all the contributors) the inclusion of Kepnes and Burke certainly does. Still wavering, though...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Anyone pre-ordering a copy of the limited-to-preorder S/L HC anthology, Lullabies for Suffering:

Lullabies for Suffering
    by Caroline Kepnes, Gabino Iglesias, John FD Taff, Mercedes M Yardley, Mark Matthews, & Kealan Patrick Burke
    Each story in Lullabies For Suffering features the insidious nature of addiction—damaged humans craving for highs and wholeness but finding something more tragic and horrific on the other side. An incredibly talented group of writers sing these songs of suffering.

The addiction theme doesn't do much for me, but (with respect to all the contributors) the inclusion of Kepnes and Burke certainly does. Still wavering, though...
    I did not. I am a subscriber to Nightworms and the trade edition of this is one of the books for February. I am looking forward to reading it. The lineup is stellar. Taff, and Matthews are the only 2 in the collection that I don't think I have ever read anything by.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I will be later this month when I put in my order for the other BV titles.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I haven't yet, but I will. A new limited edition with a Kealan Patrick Burke novella? I'm in.

Junior Member Visitor
    I was a pre-reader for Lullabies. It's outstanding. Each story is excellent.

Still debating the S/L edition of this one...gotta decide soon, only a half-month left in the order period.

Ordinarily I’d just pull the trigger, but I opted for a Letterpress copy of REVIVAL when I wasn’t really planning to.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a copy last night through Camelot. I love novella collections and the line up is solid (KPB for the win!!) so I wasn’t going to pass it up, but, man, I dragged my feet.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a copy last night through Camelot. I love novella collections and the line up is solid (KPB for the win!!) so I wasn’t going to pass it up, but, man, I dragged my feet.
    Congratulations! I'm going to stick with the trade edition of this one. I'm reading Garden of Fiends now, the first book and it's excellent.

I had to pass due to an unexpected recent purchase, but did so with regret, as I’m sure it’ll be an outstanding release. May pick up the trade-paperback down the road.