New Cemetery Dance Grab Bag Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cemetery Dance Grab Bag Announcement

I think it's okay to post about the new Grab Bag here. I didn't see a sshh...it's a secret warning. My quandry: Do I buy one or Should I not buy one? Anyone have a half dollar? I'll call it. I'm not really serious, just joking. My morning started out a little stressful. I may have had some heartburn this morning and I was definitely out of sorts.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

As with all grab bags, if you buy a lot of the stuff we've published in say the past 2 years, then you should probably skip. If you're more sporadic in your purchases than you're probably alright. It's also good to note that grab bags like this are usually done to clear stock we have excesses of along with the dinged items that build up. This means there will almost certainly be titles that there were / are large quantities of. So definitely take all that into consideration.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2018-0.../wise_guya.wav This can be taken in the context of The Three Stooges or You are a wise guy. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. ~Cap

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      As with all grab bags, if you buy a lot of the stuff we've published in say the past 2 years, then you should probably skip. If you're more sporadic in your purchases than you're probably alright. It's also good to note that grab bags like this are usually done to clear stock we have excesses of along with the dinged items that build up. This means there will almost certainly be titles that there were / are large quantities of. So definitely take all that into consideration.
      Last edited by c marvel; 12-18-2019, 10:18 PM.

Comment

This Grab Bag offer was popular apparently. I wanted to find the total cost including shipping. I get the message "We're sorry but it appears that product is not available at this time".

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          This Grab Bag offer was popular apparently. I wanted to find the total cost including shipping. I get the message "We're sorry but it appears that product is not available at this time".

Cap
          I passed. Would probably have been a mostly duplicates for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I also passed. I have told myself that I will not be buying any more CD grab bags until the one I have currently pending (2018 forthcoming grab bag) is finished being announced/fulfilled. Let's see if I can stay strong...

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
              I also passed. I have told myself that I will not be buying any more CD grab bags until the one I have currently pending (2018 forthcoming grab bag) is finished being announced/fulfilled. Let's see if I can stay strong...
              Honestly this is a different beast all together. I feel like we shouldn't even call the forthcoming and review copy grab bags, grab bags. Maybe call them bundles or something. The review copy grab bags used to be called the "Early Readers Club" but between the CDCC and the occasional Book Club it was confusing people. The forthcoming grab bags should really just be called bundles or something else entirely, because aside from the fact that you don't know what you're getting they aren't really anything like our typical "grab bag". We tend to just use "grab bag" as a catch all for bundles of stuff and it really kinda muddies the meaning.

Instagram

Comment

That makes sense. I think I will start using the "bundle" term instead. Thanks Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  That makes sense. I think I will start using the "bundle" term instead. Thanks Dan!
                  It's really our fault because we named them that way. I think the next go around I'll talk Brian into naming them something else. Though we won't offer another "forthcoming" bundle / grab bag until this one is fulfilled.

Instagram

Comment

I was tempted by this Grab Bag offer. Since they are all apparently gone now, oh well... I have worked and tried to rehome/slim down/get rid of books that I just didn't want to keep. I am just now getting ready for another round of eBay auctions. It will probably be the first or second week of January before I am ready. After this next round of auctions it could be quite a while before I do any more auctions. Right now, I'm just unsure.

Cap

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      I was tempted by this Grab Bag offer. Since they are all apparently gone now, oh well... I have worked and tried to rehome/slim down/get rid of books that I just didn't want to keep. I am just now getting ready for another round of eBay auctions. It will probably be the first or second week of January before I am ready. After this next round of auctions it could be quite a while before I do any more auctions. Right now, I'm just unsure.

Cap
                      I am too lazy to sell my extras via eBay. I just take them to Powell's for credit. Probably do not get what I would on eBay but it is simpler.

Comment

Working...
                      X