Thread: Scott Carson, THE CHILL — who is the pseudonymous Carson?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement

Scott Carson, THE CHILL — who is the pseudonymous Carson?

This one is due out in early 2020, and is getting a lot of hype and hard push from a lot of venues and authors, including Stephen King. Carson is a penname for a “bestselling author and screenwriter who lives in NY”...the guy obviously has friends in high places...anyone have a guess who it might be?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    No idea really. Books sounds interesting though. Any chance it's something from Peter Straub?

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    This one is due out in early 2020, and is getting a lot of hype and hard push from a lot of venues and authors, including Stephen King. Carson is a penname for a “bestselling author and screenwriter who lives in NY”...the guy obviously has friends in high places...anyone have a guess who it might be?

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Nice find.
    Indeed. :-) Your Googlefu was much stronger and successful than mine, b24...thanks for the link/info! Truth be told, I’m not really a fan of Koryta’s previous work, so will likely skip this new one.

Senior Member Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I am super excited for this announcement. I've been a huge Kortya fan since his first books. It will be nice to have him back on the horror side of things. Side note- I hope that CD considers publishing another of his novels as a limited edition some day. I really loved what they did with "Those That Wish Me Dead" and wish some of his back catalogue would also get that treatment.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    I am super excited for this announcement. I've been a huge Kortya fan since his first books. It will be nice to have him back on the horror side of things. Side note- I hope that CD considers publishing another of his novels as a limited edition some day. I really loved what they did with "Those That Wish Me Dead" and wish some of his back catalogue would also get that treatment.
    Yeah I only read one Kortya and it was Those Who Wish Me Dead. I really liked it! I hope CD does this book.

I have an ARC, and learning who the author really is just moved it up to the top of the pile. Very excited about this book now.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I was introduced to Koryta via CD's release of "Those Who Wish Me Dead" and loved it. I have since read "How it Happened", I enjoyed this one but it felt too similar to the first. I am looking for more from this offer. Do you have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I was introduced to Koryta via CD's release of "Those Who Wish Me Dead" and loved it. I have since read "How it Happened", I enjoyed this one but it felt too similar to the first. I am looking for more from this offer. Do you have any suggestions?
    Yeah, "How It Happened" wasn't my favorite either although it was well written. As for recommendations, I guess it would depend on what you're into reading. If you're into PI series, his Lincoln Perry books rock. I believe the first one "Tonight I Said Goodbye" was nominated for an Edgar. Can't remember if it won. His next few novels after that series of books have a weird/horror vibe. I probably enjoyed "So Cold the River" the most. Reminded me of SK's "Duma Key" in a good way. Lately, he's transitioned more into a thriller writer without the weird/horror vibes. Of these books, I really enjoyed the "Last Words"/The Markus Novak Series. Kind of bummed that the next book in that series is shelved as it sounded really cool. When I saw him speak at a book signing recently, he stated that its' content too closely matched some real world events which made him uncomfortable. Hopefully it will see the light of day eventually...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Yeah, "How It Happened" wasn't my favorite either although it was well written. As for recommendations, I guess it would depend on what you're into reading. If you're into PI series, his Lincoln Perry books rock. I believe the first one "Tonight I Said Goodbye" was nominated for an Edgar. Can't remember if it won. His next few novels after that series of books have a weird/horror vibe. I probably enjoyed "So Cold the River" the most. Reminded me of SK's "Duma Key" in a good way. Lately, he's transitioned more into a thriller writer without the weird/horror vibes. Of these books, I really enjoyed the "Last Words"/The Markus Novak Series. Kind of bummed that the next book in that series is shelved as it sounded really cool. When I saw him speak at a book signing recently, he stated that its' content too closely matched some real world events which made him uncomfortable. Hopefully it will see the light of day eventually...
    I agree "How It Happened" was well written but just lacking. I realized I have "If She Wakes" in my TBR. Thanks for the advice. I may try "So Cold The River" next and then consider the Lincoln Perry series.