No announcement yet.

General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't read the books either but didn't really care for the previews. I think I will probably be skipping this one.

I had been re-watching Frasier which has been enjoyable. Sadly it looks like it will be pulled after today.

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I'm pushing my way through The Witcher, but it is really disappointing. Granted, I have not read the books, but the show is pretty weak.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      I'm pushing my way through The Witcher, but it is really disappointing. Granted, I have not read the books, but the show is pretty weak.
      I suffered through the first two episodes and was bored to tears. My wife finished it and enjoyed it. But it's more her type thing than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I suffered through the first two episodes and was bored to tears. My wife finished it and enjoyed it. But it's more her type thing than mine.
        There were spots that were good, but overall, meh.

Comment

I have read the books and they are sort of all over the place.....Like the series so far. I'll finish it up and hope for the best.

Comment

I recommend the documentary Don’t F@$k with Cats. Highly. This was a great and addictive 3 part series.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              I recommend the documentary Don’t F@$k with Cats. Highly. This was a great and addictive 3 part series.
              Completely agree! This is the way I chose to ring in the New Year A great lesson in when the internet speaks; sometimes one should listen.

Hasn't anyone watched Us on the service? I was thinking of giving it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Completely agree! This is the way I chose to ring in the New Year A great lesson in when the internet speaks; sometimes one should listen.

Hasn't anyone watched Us on the service? I was thinking of giving it a try.
                I had listened to a pretty in-depth podcast about this previously and didn't realize it until I was part way through the first episode. My wife and I finished watching this and thought it was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  I had listened to a pretty in-depth podcast about this previously and didn't realize it until I was part way through the first episode. My wife and I finished watching this and thought it was pretty good.
                  I thought it was good as well. Pretty evil dude.

Comment

Anybody watching the October Faction?? The first two episodes were pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                      Anybody watching the October Faction?? The first two episodes were pretty interesting.
                      I've read several of the comics and found them interesting. Thanks for reminding me this was on!

Comment

I have not tried the comics yet,but I might!

Comment

Re: October Faction

Hadn't heard of this as a show, or a comic for that matter. I'll have to take a look see at this one.

Comment

Funny I started this thread and hadn't found anything in over a month I want to watch. Actually considering cancelling for a bit until I hear of something I'm interested in again.

The only show I watch occasionally is Cheers. To be honest that show is nothing like I remember it and can be a bit hard to watch. LOL LOL

Comment

My wife and I have plugged through a number of the Harlen Corben mysteries on Netflix. We have watched The Stranger, Gone for Good, Stay Close, and a partial viewing of The Innocent. My wife found the violence, and in particular the type of violence, in The Innocent to much for her.

They were all watchable and interesting. Short series, drama, mystery, and twists. Some plot holes, a few character traits that didn't seem plausible, but overall we've enjoyed them.

Really missing a short 20-30 minute light drama or comedy on Netflix. Most of the new stuff is so filled with current day topics or political posturing that they are unwatchable for us.

I actually have been considering dumping Netflix as it's really hard to find things we like on there anymore. My wife has issue with graphic violence and sex and I just want a light laugh or drama. Some of our favorites over the years have been:
                              • Still Game
                              • Doc Martin
                              • Derry Girls
                              • Seinfeld
                              • Frasier
                              • The Kominsky Method
                              • Toast of London
                              • Reggie Perrin (with Clunes)
                              Just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                My wife and I have plugged through a number of the Harlen Corben mysteries on Netflix. We have watched The Stranger, Gone for Good, Stay Close, and a partial viewing of The Innocent. My wife found the violence, and in particular the type of violence, in The Innocent to much for her.

They were all watchable and interesting. Short series, drama, mystery, and twists. Some plot holes, a few character traits that didn't seem plausible, but overall we've enjoyed them.

Really missing a short 20-30 minute light drama or comedy on Netflix. Most of the new stuff is so filled with current day topics or political posturing that they are unwatchable for us.

I actually have been considering dumping Netflix as it's really hard to find things we like on there anymore. My wife has issue with graphic violence and sex and I just want a light laugh or drama. Some of our favorites over the years have been:
                                • Still Game
                                • Doc Martin
                                • Derry Girls
                                • Seinfeld
                                • Frasier
                                • The Kominsky Method
                                • Toast of London
                                • Reggie Perrin (with Clunes)
                                Just to name a few.
                                I was unaware that Netflix had Harlen Coben stories to watch. I may have to check them out. I enjoy reading Corben, I consider his stories easy reading mystery. I am always looking for things that match your description but I will go as long as 45 minutes.

Doc Martin fits your description perfectly. I recently completed watching the entire series again for at least the fifth time. I also read that they finally have filmed Series 10 so I am hopeful it will air later this year. I am also saddened that it will be the last series. I think I have mentioned before that I pay $5 a month for Acorn just to be able to watch Doc Martin anytime I want. I believe they have Reggie Perrin available, I may have to check it out, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X