General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

If there is a dedicated thread for Netflix I couldn't find it. If there is please redirect me.

I thought it would be fun to have a dedicated thread for Netflix TV and one for Netflix Movies.

Anyone watching anything on Netflix currently? I wrapped up watching Derry Girls and enjoyed it a lot. Charming, funny, and a well done comedy.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

I'm looking forward to The Witcher later this month and then Locke and Key in Feb.

Comment

THE WIFE and I are rewatching Breaking Bad leading up to a viewing of El Camino.

Comment

Watched the new season of The Crown...neither my wife nor I enjoyed it nearly as much as the previous seasons. The queen became an emotionless cipher instead of a sympathetic character, and the focus on geopolitics was a bit much. Probably more true to reality than perhaps the other seasons, but it doesn’t make for particularly entertaining television.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Now I need to look up El Camino. Not sure what it is.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          THE WIFE and I are rewatching Breaking Bad leading up to a viewing of El Camino.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            It's an epilogue (of sorts) to Breaking Bad. It centers on Jessie Pinkman.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
              I have still not watched El Camino. This in itself is odd as I loved Breaking Bad. El Camino picks up were Breaking Bad ended (Jesse driving off in an El Camino) and shows you the aftermath of the events of the show in Jesse's life.

Comment

The best show on Netflix is 'The Great British Baking Show'. And, no I am not kidding. I fell in love with this show back when it was on public television and continue to love it today.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I have still not watched El Camino. This in itself is odd as I loved Breaking Bad. El Camino picks up were Breaking Bad ended (Jesse driving off in an El Camino) and shows you the aftermath of the events of the show in Jesse's life.
                  I really enjoyed it and thought it was well done.

Comment

I am really out of many loops. I was one of the OG BB watchers and loved the show. Thanks for saving me a google.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    It's an epilogue (of sorts) to Breaking Bad. It centers on Jessie Pinkman.

Comment

I enjoyed El Camino as well. It wasn't quite as momentous as I'd hoped (probably expecting too much, really), but was a nice, brief extension and denouement of what was, I think, the best series ever crafted for television. It didn't add anything to the mythos, per se, but it was great revisiting that environment and (some of) its characters again.

On a unrelated program, my wife and I were enjoying Santa Clarita Diet...too bad Netflix decided to cancel it after just a couple seasons.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Currently on the final season of The Bates Motel. Started off slowly but seems to be one of the few TV series that improves as it goes on. Last two seasons have been fantastic.
                        Also recommend The End of the F***ing World. A British dark comedy. First season is great though the second doesn't quite match it.

El Camino didn't really work for me. The ending of Breaking Bad was perfect as it was.

Comment

Me and the wife did watch Bates Motel and enjoyed it. She liked it more than I did but I still ended up watching the entire series.

I will be adding El Camino to my list.

I forgot we also wrapped up watching The Kominsky Method. I'm sure this one isn't for all but I thought it was witty and well written. Hoping for another season of this one.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                          Currently on the final season of The Bates Motel. Started off slowly but seems to be one of the few TV series that improves as it goes on. Last two seasons have been fantastic.
                          Also recommend The End of the F***ing World. A British dark comedy. First season is great though the second doesn't quite match it.

El Camino didn't really work for me. The ending of Breaking Bad was perfect as it was.

Comment

I also enjoyed EL CAMINO and am pretty much of the same mind as Ron. I wasn't blown away by it, but knew I wouldn't be since they couldn't really deliver BREAKING BAD-level twists in a two-hour movie. Can BREAKING BAD work without this? Absolutely. BREAKING BAD is a masterpiece of television (Do not get me started on all the revisionist think pieces popping up on the internet about how it's just "okay"...) and this wasn't really necessary. I view the BREAKING BAD finale as the end of the series and Walt's story, while EL CAMINO is a tangential story telling the end of Jesse's tale. After finishing watching this and digesting it a bit, I did tell my wife that I think I would have enjoyed it more if it has been an six to eight episode limited series, allowing things to breathe a bit. Aaron Paul is so good at this role. I keep forgetting that he won three Emmys for this performance as Jesse. He absolutely deserved all of them.

I will say that it was great to see Robert Forster again. Man, what a great actor that was still on the top of his game. His performances are so natural that it's easy to think he isn't doing much, but if you really watch him, he's doing quite a bit with little.

Comment

I'm pushing my way through The Witcher, but it is really disappointing. Granted, I have not read the books, but the show is pretty weak.

Comment

Working...
                              X