No announcement yet.

General Netflix Discussion-TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. I don't have the apple deal but I will check out Usher. I've always skipped over it with the thought at the back of mind that I would be underwhelmed.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    My wife and I just finished watching all four seasons of FOR ALL MANKIND on Apple+, and I can't recommend it enough. It's an alternate history of NASA spinning out of the notion of Russia being first on the moon. It was a real "I hate to go to bed because I need to keep watching"  type of TV show. We're both bummed that we have to wait who-knows-how-long for season five.

We also watched Mike Flanagan's THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER on Netflix, which we both really enjoyed. It took a few episodes for me to get into, maybe because ALL of the characters are complete scumbags, but we ended up loving it.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      Cool. I don't have the apple deal but I will check out Usher. I've always skipped over it with the thought at the back of mind that I would be underwhelmed.

Â
      For what little it may be worth, I second the recommendation for Usher. The first two episodes were really hard for me to get through--the youngest brother of the Usher family and his entourage were completely insufferable--but there is a lot to enjoy in the show and ends particularly strong. If you've watched any other Mike Flanagan show (Hill House, Midnight Mass, etc.) you will most likely enjoy this one. It's even more fun if you have at least a passing knowledge of Poe's stories because the riffs on the stories are interesting, but there are a ton of interesting easter eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
        My wife and I just finished watching all four seasons of FOR ALL MANKIND on Apple+, and I can't recommend it enough. It's an alternate history of NASA spinning out of the notion of Russia being first on the moon. It was a real "I hate to go to bed because I need to keep watching"Â type of TV show. We're both bummed that we have to wait who-knows-how-long for season five.

We also watched Mike Flanagan's THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER on Netflix, which we both really enjoyed. It took a few episodes for me to get into, maybe because ALL of the characters are complete scumbags, but we ended up loving it.
        Apple+ flies under my radar for the most part. There is simply too many streaming services. But FOR ALL MANKIND did get on my radar in some way or another and I'm glad to hear another good review for it. My wife and I are always looking for good shows, but it seems to be more of a struggle now than in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Apple+ flies under my radar for the most part. There is simply too many streaming services. But FOR ALL MANKIND did get on my radar in some way or another and I'm glad to hear another good review for it. My wife and I are always looking for good shows, but it seems to be more of a struggle now than in years past.
          We got three fee months of Apple + that we took advantage of because my son and I wanted to watch MONARCH, but when the trial was up, I couldn't get rid of it. There's a deceptive amount of good stuff on there. There's a new show called MANHUNT, about the hunt for John Wilkes Booth, that looks excellent, I've had people rave to me about FOUNDATION, there's a Detective show starting soon with Colin Farrell and a Ben Franklin mini-series with Michael Douglas, and they had KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON and NAPOLEON fresh from theaters. Plus, we've slowly been making our way through the classic PEANUTS library. My wife also found a lot of chick-stuff that she loved, lol.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wrapped up Usher tonight. It was a solid show that I thought overplayed a few things. Jump scares and extreme depravity were pushed heavily. Overall I enjoyed it and had some great readings of Poe's work.

Only a few negatives with this show that I won't get into here. Revolving around societal and political commentary.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
            X