X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Thanks, Martin. To say I'm excited to both own and read this series in the Sub Press limited format would be quite the understatement.

And, Jeff, this six-book set would have made quite the unboxing (damn box was huge, as the seller packed well!).
      Just to warn you. John Scalzi is addicting. I first read Scalzi in late 2017. I am now impatiently awaiting book three in the Interdependency series, having read everything else already.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Just to warn you. John Scalzi is addicting. I first read Scalzi in late 2017. I am now impatiently awaiting book three in the Interdependency series, having read everything else already.
        I have AGENT TO THE STARS in mmpb waiting in my TBR pile when I finish the OMW series...good to hear just about anything by him is a safe, entertaining bet, as I’m sure I’ll be dipping into that Scalzi well again and again.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have AGENT TO THE STARS in mmpb waiting in my TBR pile when I finish the OMW series...good to hear just about anything by him is a safe, entertaining bet, as I’m sure I’ll be dipping into that Scalzi well again and again.
          I am not even sure what I was expecting from Agent To The Stars but I was completely surprised how the story unfolded. Fun read! I get the feeling I will be re-reading some Scalzi soon.

Comment

Have read five of the six books, starting the last one, THE HUMAN DIVISION, tonight. Still need to pick up THE END OF ALL THINGS in the trade (and only) edition. I’m going to miss being submerged in this world.

Comment

Have read five of the six books, starting the last one, THE HUMAN DIVISION, tonight. Still need to pick up THE END OF ALL THINGS in the trade (and only) edition. I’m going to miss being submerged in this world.
              I know what you mean. Move on to The Interdependency series. The third book comes out this year. It is another great ride as are most of his other books. Scalzi ROCKS!!!
              Last edited by Martin; 02-18-2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I'm just going to throw this out there, if you like Scalzi, try Neal Asher's Prador Moon.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1060548.Prador_Moon

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  I'm just going to throw this out there, if you like Scalzi, try Neal Asher's Prador Moon.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1060548.Prador_Moon
                  That is all I need to hear, I am in! Thanks for the suggestion, I will let you know what I think!

Comment

I know what you mean. Move on to The Interdependency series. The third book comes out this year. It is another great ride as are most of his other books. Scalzi ROCKS!!!
                    Good to hear...I was starting to look at his other series, and the Interdependency series of course popped up. I wasn’t sure about it, though, so am glad to hear it’s another winner. LOCK IN looked good as well. A S/L HC of THE DISPATCHER is arriving tomorrow.

Comment

Good to hear...I was starting to look at his other series, and the Interdependency series of course popped up. I wasn’t sure about it, though, so am glad to hear it’s another winner. LOCK IN looked good as well. A S/L HC of THE DISPATCHER is arriving tomorrow.
                      Lock In is good but is not as good as Old Man's War. I think the Interdependency Series has a lot that anyone who likes Old Man's War will like. The Dispatcher is fantastic. It is such a creative tale!

Comment

Lock In is good but is not as good as Old Man's War. I think the Interdependency Series has a lot that anyone who likes Old Man's War will like. The Dispatcher is fantastic. It is such a creative tale!
                        Good to know. It initially came off to me as more militaristic and hard-SF/complex than the character-driven OLD MAN'S WAR saga -- which for a (generally) non-SF guy like me was a bit of a turn-off -- so was thinking of giving it a pass. Based on your rec, I'll give it a chance. :-)

Comment

If you love the Old Man's War series, then you should also love The Interdependency. Hurry up and release the Last Emperox!

And don't forget the one-offs. The Androids Dream and Redshirts are particularly good.

If it wasn't for the fact that I somehow got sucked into The Expanse series, I would be able to read the Lock In series and complete my Scalzi reading. I am not counting his non-fiction collections, which I will probably not live long enough to read all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                            If you love the Old Man's War series, then you should also love The Interdependency. Hurry up and release the Last Emperox!

And don't forget the one-offs. The Androids Dream and Redshirts are particularly good.

If it wasn't for the fact that I somehow got sucked into The Expanse series, I would be able to read the Lock In series and complete my Scalzi reading. I am not counting his non-fiction collections, which I will probably not live long enough to read all the way through.
                            Completely agree regarding Androids Dream and Redshirts. The description of Androids concerned me but I really enjoyed it. Reading Scalzi is simply fun.

Comment

Just read AGENTS TO THE STARS on the plane to and back from Santa Barbara while on vacation last week, and absolutely loved it...man, what a great read!

Comment

Just read AGENTS TO THE STARS on the plane to and back from Santa Barbara while on vacation last week, and absolutely loved it...man, what a great read!
                                The description of that story left me unsure. The concept and execution were exceptional. Really loved that story. I am thinking about getting my Scalzi fix with a re-read of Fuzzy Nation.

Comment

Working...
                                X