Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Old CD Titles

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I love series of things even if I necessarily won't read them. CD's Signature Series, Novella Series, Graveyard Editions, etc. Although the Select Series and Gold Seal series have yet to make it off the ground. Borderlands Little Book series and so on. I'd be down if they are reasonably priced.
    That's the plan. I think we're hoping for no more than a $30 price point. I've gotta pick some titles and get some quotes before I can nail that down though.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    As a long-time customer (since mag issue #2 and the first book) and owner of a lot of CD books with real and/or imagined collectible value, Iíd suggest/ask that whatever the new items are they should be designed to not impact that value of the original edition. A signed 2nd edition is bound to have some impact (though of course itís tough to say how much) and could be seen as CD undermining the value of its own customersí editions.

Without knowing what it is, this too could be a moot point and concern, but FWIW...

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Is the idea to always use stories previously published by CD?

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    As a long-time customer (since mag issue #2 and the first book) and owner of a lot of CD books with real and/or imagined collectible value, I’d suggest/ask that whatever the new items are they should be designed to not impact that value of the original edition. A signed 2nd edition is bound to have some impact (though of course it’s tough to say how much) and could be seen as CD undermining the value of its own customers’ editions.

Without knowing what it is, this too could be a moot point and concern, but FWIW...
    At the price point Dan's suggesting, I can't see these new printings having any impact on whatever collectible value older CD titles may have. Going back to Live Girls (what can I say, I love this book!), I can't see a potential new edition in Dan's line having a slipcase by default (which is not to say it won't be an add-on for an additional cost), nor will it have the soundtrack CD. And, to be honest, at a max price of $30, I don't see it being signed, either.

My guess is that will be similar to the Bentley Little line, with CD producing a nice trade hardcover edition with new cover art. No specific limitation, no signature page (though I can see direct preorder copies being signed as a bonus)... Just something with a nice shelf presence at an affordable price.

Without giving the gimmick away (so to speak). The thought here is these will be unsigned editions. They may be numbered (haven't decided yet), but they'll probably have much more in common with say a trade hardcover than our regular limited editions. I'm also thinking that the run size will be set by preorders + a flat amount for some extras. So for example we would open preorders up for a month then the run would be preorders + 100 or something like that after we close the preorder window. If we do that though we probably won't be numbering them, as it'll make matching numbers impossible for numbers that are towards the end of the run. All of this is still brainstorming and this thread is full speculation / spit balling anyways. I have the core gimmick locked down in my head, but none of the fine details yet.

As per what Martin asked about them being previously published by CD. I think that's where we're going to start, we may branch out later into other stuff, but I suspect the entire line would be reprints of books that have already been published before. My idea isn't really well suited for brand new books.

I'm probably gonna stop elaborating, at least until plans are set in stone.

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I think that would be great because even with all of the CD books I have, there are a lot of the early ones that I missed.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    OK, you can call this line Cemetery Dance Resurrection or Cemetery Dance Afterlife or Exhumed or From the Tomb or From the Crypt or Haunts or Jeffingoff Selects.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    OK, you can call this line Cemetery Dance Resurrection or Cemetery Dance Afterlife or Exhumed or From the Tomb or From the Crypt or Haunts or Jeffingoff Selects.
    It already has a name (I think). I just can't tell you because it gives away the surprise.

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    It already has a name (I think). I just can't tell you because it gives away the surprise.
    Well, I am intrigued and, as always, rooting for another CD home run.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I hope this series comes to fruition. It does sound like it could be good list of books.

So I thought I'd share some of the survey results with you guys. The first biggest observation I have is that people are bad at following directions. So along those lines we got lots of responses about specific authors not books. Lansdale, Ketchum, Garton, and Laymon being at the top of those requests. Now here are the top 10 requests in no particular order.

Best of CD 1
    Any / All the Shivers Books
    October Dreams 1
    Exorcist / Legion
    The Wilds
    Live Girls
    Floating Dragon
    Best of the Horror Show
    The Cellar

Instagram

So I thought I'd share some of the survey results with you guys. The first biggest observation I have is that people are bad at following directions. So along those lines we got lots of responses about specific authors not books. Lansdale, Ketchum, Garton, and Laymon being at the top of those requests. Now here are the top 10 requests in no particular order.

Best of CD 1
    October Dreams 1
    Exorcist / Legion
    The Wilds
    Live Girls
    Floating Dragon
    Best of the Horror Show
    The Cellar
    Were I to disregard your instructions those same authors would be on my list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Were I to disregard your instructions those same authors would be on my list as well.
    We had something like 340 people fill out the survey. Which means there should have been about 1600 books named. We only got about 750 usable responses. That's how bad people were at following directions.

Instagram

We had something like 340 people fill out the survey. Which means there should have been about 1600 books named. We only got about 750 usable responses. That's how bad people were at following directions.
    I so wish that percentage surprised me. Unfortunately, it did not.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Damnit, I got one book on that list!!! Where is the love for Ed Gorman, Traveling Vampire Show, A night in the Lonesome October. People are so uninformed LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Damnit, I got one book on that list!!! Where is the love for Ed Gorman, Traveling Vampire Show, A night in the Lonesome October. People are so uninformed LOL!!
    I chose to list items I have not read. I have most of what CD has published from Gorman his work did not make my list. I have Traveling Vampire Show and read every couple of years so it was also not listed. I did select A Night in the Lonesome October. It is hard to go wrong with Gorman or Laymon!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Weird. I replied with the numbers 217 and 19. Thought I got this one right.

Best of CD 1
    October Dreams 1
    Exorcist / Legion
    The Wilds
    Live Girls
    Floating Dragon
    Best of the Horror Show
    The Cellar

Junior Member Visitor
    Your list sounds like my list. I demand a recount.

This is just a snapshot. The bigger list is a lot longer and those are definitely on there. Only one vote separates a lot of these. The most votes were definitely for Best of CD 1, October Dreams 1, and Shivers for sure though.

Instagram

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Especially considering the first 5 Shivers never had a hardcover. That would be great to see.