Thread: Not a fan of ABEBooks

Hybrid View

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar

Angry Not a fan of ABEBooks

So, I ordered a Folio Society edition from ABEBooks. The vendor sent a very cheap other publisher edition via some website, discoverbooks.com. ABEBooks tells me I need to return it to the vendor, but they didn't send it and I can't get contact/address info for them and they do not respond to "email" via ABE's site.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    You could be law enforcement...I don't know. But this was the only phone number I could find:

"AbeBooks' Contact Details For Law Enforcement Agencies. Any law enforcement agencies wishing to contact us, either to obtain or provide information about a case, can contact our Security and Trust team by telephone, toll-free, at 1-800-315-5335."

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    So, I ordered a Folio Society edition from ABEBooks. The vendor sent a very cheap other publisher edition via some website, discoverbooks.com. ABEBooks tells me I need to return it to the vendor, but they didn't send it and I can't get contact/address info for them and they do not respond to "email" via ABE's site.

I had found that on, but nobody picks up.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    The problem is that you're not actually buying things from ABE Books. ABE is a marketplace that enables other sellers (like eBay). I'd just return the package to sender and issue a chargeback on the payment you made stating they didn't send you what you paid for.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The problem is that you're not actually buying things from ABE Books. ABE is a marketplace that enables other sellers (like eBay). I'd just return the package to sender and issue a chargeback on the payment you made stating they didn't send you what you paid for.
    I call my Visa card company and they won't do anything because I still have the item. Abe responded on FB, so we'll see.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I call my Visa card company and they won't do anything because I still have the item. Abe responded on FB, so we'll see.
    Like I said just mail it back and tell them you returned it to the sender. Hopefully it all works out for you.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks