Not a fan of ABEBooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of ABEBooks

So, I ordered a Folio Society edition from ABEBooks. The vendor sent a very cheap other publisher edition via some website, discoverbooks.com. ABEBooks tells me I need to return it to the vendor, but they didn't send it and I can't get contact/address info for them and they do not respond to "email" via ABE's site.

You could be law enforcement...I don't know. But this was the only phone number I could find:

"AbeBooks' Contact Details For Law Enforcement Agencies. Any law enforcement agencies wishing to contact us, either to obtain or provide information about a case, can contact our Security and Trust team by telephone, toll-free, at 1-800-315-5335."

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    So, I ordered a Folio Society edition from ABEBooks. The vendor sent a very cheap other publisher edition via some website, discoverbooks.com. ABEBooks tells me I need to return it to the vendor, but they didn't send it and I can't get contact/address info for them and they do not respond to "email" via ABE's site.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I had found that on, but nobody picks up.

Comment

The problem is that you're not actually buying things from ABE Books. ABE is a marketplace that enables other sellers (like eBay). I'd just return the package to sender and issue a chargeback on the payment you made stating they didn't send you what you paid for.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          The problem is that you're not actually buying things from ABE Books. ABE is a marketplace that enables other sellers (like eBay). I'd just return the package to sender and issue a chargeback on the payment you made stating they didn't send you what you paid for.
          I call my Visa card company and they won't do anything because I still have the item. Abe responded on FB, so we'll see.

Comment

I call my Visa card company and they won't do anything because I still have the item. Abe responded on FB, so we'll see.
            Like I said just mail it back and tell them you returned it to the sender. Hopefully it all works out for you.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Have been lucky and haven't had an issues with few purchases that I've made there. I bought a full set of the CD Novella Series from a lifetime subscriber there who still sends me the new one's each time they are released.

Comment

I hadn't had any major issues on the site. A few refunds for damaged books but overall decent experiences. Sorry you are having a tough time. Send the item back to whoever sent it to you, and like Dan said, notify your card company you are not in possession of the item.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I believe Dan is correct. Had the same exact issue as bsaenz24 with a rather expensive book. Seller wouldn't respond once I began contacting them about sending the wrong edition of the book & asking for a refund. Had to send back item to seller via the ABE websites return process (must have tracking #). Once the tracking showed as the return being delivered, I had to contact ABE who gave the seller 72 hours from that point to respond to issue/refund. They didn't respond; so, ABE issued the chargeback/return themselves, as I believe they handle the payment (not the sellers). From that point on, I have been leery about ordering bigger ticket items via ABE. Did get my refund eventually; however, it was a bit of a hassle. if I cannot find a book via any other 3rd party seller, I will sometimes search ABE; however, I really do try to avoid them at this point as they have tons of "phantom" sellers who will list that they have these limited editions then send beat up trade editions. Hope everything turns out well for you bsaenz24.

Comment

sholloman was some good advice. I'd be awfully surprised if ABE wouldn't assist in the situation w/ the seller if you follow ABE's policies...ABE is now owned by Amazon, and say what you will about Amazon, their customer service is usually top-notch. I've been lucky to have good luck with ABE over the years (both pre- and post-Amazon), so fortunately haven't had to test their customer service.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The main problem is the seller, in Florida, had this wrong edition sent through a web site, discoverbooks.com. It came with no invoice or anything to tie it to the seller or me. ABE is trying to ask the seller where I should return it to. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Comment

I have had no issues buying via ABE. I am probably a bit more careful on who I purchase from then most. When I find an item on ABE that I am interested in I research the seller before I make the purchase. I have actually passed on purchases because I could not determine the sellers credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I have had no issues buying via ABE. I am probably a bit more careful on who I purchase from then most. When I find an item on ABE that I am interested in I research the seller before I make the purchase. I have actually passed on purchases because I could not determine the sellers credentials.
                          My 20/20 hindsight agrees with your approach! LOL!

Comment

My 20/20 hindsight agrees with your approach! LOL!
                            Hopefully your current situation gets resolved without too much difficulty.

Comment

I've been lucky I guess, Never had any ABE issues. A few tussles on ebay, but never ABE.

Comment

Working...
                              X