Fantasy Genre Question Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy Genre Question Time

Hi Forum Buddies! This one is for fantasy buffs. Stephen R. Donaldson wrote a six volume series With the name Thomas Covenant something something.
    The first Book title was Lord Foul's Bane. Does anyone know the other five titles to this monumental series? Big Dan, you're into fantasy, right? Randar

Sorry - Siep here.
    Think I might be able to help you out:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ull=1#post1861

sk

Comment

Many Thanks, Brother Frik. You seem to be the consumate collector. I'm truly impressed. Randar

Comment

Donaldson is one of my authors sadly. Just one of many that I haven't gotten around to reading (just not enough time in the day).
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I think he's better than Tolkien and would love to see Steven Spielburg and George Lucas turn his six volumes into six blockbuster movies to rival Star Wars. The other world Thomas Covenant finds himself in is amazing! You must find the time to go there, Dan. AN ABSOLUTE MUST-READ, BROTHER!! Randar

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
            I think he's better than Tolkien
            Now that right there is sacrilegious in my book.... lol

Instagram

Comment

What can I say, Dan, he was a much easier read than the stiffer British prose of J. R. R. I enjoyed them both but just wait until you savor some Donaldson, my friend. You'll see... (Poof, I'm invisible again.)

Comment

Ahh but Tolkien is the master. Almost every modern work of fantasy is modeled after his work. King even admits to modeling The Dark Tower after it somewhere (don't ask me where I read that).

Instagram

Comment

King also said that he thought Clive Barker was better than he himself was ( don't ask me which foreword for Barker I read that in, either) but we're all singing King more literary praises than we're singing Barker. Can I get an Amen from the cheap seats? Anybody? Hello... is this thing on?

Comment

Maybe Damnation Game? That was the first Barker I read, and I thought it was very good.
                    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Maybe books of blood vol I II III? I can't recall, Ozmo. It was in one of the earlier forewords.

Comment

I wish I never would have given away Damnation Game. I'm going to have to get that again and re-read it. Same with B of B
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                          What can I say, Dan, he was a much easier read than the stiffer British prose of J. R. R.
                          I LOVE Donaldson, but an easy read???

"Their nostrils distended at the vapory breath of dawn or dusk. Their eyes roamed searchingly over the sunward crags, the valleys occasionally bedizened with azure tarns, the hoary glaciers crouching in the highest cols, the snow-fed streams... Their wide foreheads and flat cheeks and confident poise betrayed no heart upsurge, no visceral excitement. Yet there was something clear and passionate in their alacrity..."

It may be because I'm Dutch, but Donaldson's prose has never been easy.
                          Have a look at some of the Amazon reviews of his books.
                          Maybe these reviews say more about the reviewers than about Donaldson, but still.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                            I wish I never would have given away Damnation Game. I'm going to have to get that again and re-read it. Same with B of B
                            If you can track down either the trade or limited of Books of Blood from Stealth Press, they are WELL WORTH IT!!! Big beautiful books with all 6 Books of Blood in tem. The limited has a naked picture of Barker, which I personally could have done without. No interest in seeing Little Clive.

Comment

I've read somewhere that that's not Barker, but his partner.
                              Doesn't really matter either way though.

sk

Comment

Working...
                              X