Cycle of the Werewolf Hardcover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle of the Werewolf Hardcover

Hey all! I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere else already, but being new to this forum(and cemetery dance itself) I may have missed it. As an avid, die hard, King fan(and it appears there are lots of us on here!) I have eyed the HC edition of this book for awhile but have yet to take the plunge. I have the PB. Is there anything different with this version? Illustrations? Text? etc? I'm not a collector or dealer who has to have every edition of the same book(just as long as I have at least one of all of his! and so far I do!) but for some reason my mind keeps coming back to this. There are a few on ebay(speaking of which, in good condition what should a fair price be for this? If I do end up getting it I dont want to overpay). I need to either be talked in or out of buying this! lol. Thanks!

P.S. as a side note I am psyched to have been introduced to this site by a friend. What amazing editions of Kings books!! I am also THRILLED to see Bentley Little as he is a personal fave also. Even though I have IT, this upcoming edition is making me lick my chops.....IT is my all time favorite King book. It is GORGEOUS.

Is CD reissuing this book? If not, I will tell you it took me a very long time to get my hardcopy. I ended up scoring it for less than $20 because it didn't have a dust-jacket. Since I don't keep dust-jackets I didn't mind. I have seen it go for several hundred on Ebay and sell. I'm not sure how many were made or if it is a difficult find, but it was the hardest for me to obtain. You just have to be really patient. Hope that helps.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

As far as I'm aware we're not reissuing it. Unless Brian knows something I don't and told someone else....
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
        Is CD reissuing this book?
        I hope not.
        The Land of Enchantment limited is a gorgeous book; I don't really think a re-issue is needed.
        I hope CD will tackle another King novel that has never been honored with a limited, like Pet Sematary!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
          Is CD reissuing this book? If not, I will tell you it took me a very long time to get my hardcopy. I ended up scoring it for less than $20 because it didn't have a dust-jacket. Since I don't keep dust-jackets I didn't mind. I have seen it go for several hundred on Ebay and sell. I'm not sure how many were made or if it is a difficult find, but it was the hardest for me to obtain. You just have to be really patient. Hope that helps.
          You actually helped me a lot, by talking me into it! Thanks for the input, I always considered the dust jacket a big deal(which I know for dealers and very serious collectors it is) but as I am neither and really just want all of his books in hardcover, I found this for under $100 minus the dust jacket but book in great condition. Next up:Colorado Kid HC! Which I think I have a lock on that now too and my collection will be complete. Except for Creepshow of course. Was there ever any kind of HC edition done for Creepshow? Just curious, I actually like this in it's original form, but I'll bet if there ever was it goes for a pretty penny these days!

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post
            Was there ever any kind of HC edition done for Creepshow? Just curious, I actually like this in it's original form, but I'll bet if there ever was it goes for a pretty penny these days!
            I've never heard of, nor seen, a US/UK hardcover edition of this book.
            I know there's a French one, and Dutch:

But I don't think that's what you're after.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              I've never heard of, nor seen, a US/UK hardcover edition of this book.
              I know there's a French one, and Dutch:

But I don't think that's what you're after.

sk
              Wow! That's actually a pretty neat looking book! Thanks for posting that I'd hate to even guess what that sells for.....even though I wouldn't be able to understand a word of it, it would look pretty on the shelf

Comment

True - it's an awesome looking book. Many foreign editions are. And here I mean, non English language.
                I own many of these, only King books, from Dutch to French to Russian to Hebrew to, well, you get my drift.
                I have posted some of these in my collection thread, but those are only the Dark Tower books I own.
                If anyone's interested, I'll post some non-Dark Tower stuff.

This book -Creephow- usually sells for about fifty dollars.
                Not bad at all.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  True - it's an awesome looking book. Many foreign editions are. And here I mean, non English language.
                  I own many of these, only King books, from Dutch to French to Russian to Hebrew to, well, you get my drift.
                  I have posted some of these in my collection thread, but those are only the Dark Tower books I own.
                  If anyone's interested, I'll post some non-Dark Tower stuff.

This book -Creephow- usually sells for about fifty dollars.
                  Not bad at all.

sk
                  Post it all Frik, your collection is amazing! Some of those foreign editions you have are better than the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                    Post it all Frik, your collection is amazing!
                    Thanks, but you don't know what you're wishing for....

sk

Comment

The Land of Enchantment hardback edition of Cycle of the Werewolf was a the original version of the book, put out in 1983. I believe they published a signed version and an unsigned trade hardback, but even the trade version had a very limited run and if I remember right, sold for about $40 new. This was the only version of the book until after the movie version (Silver Bullet) was made. In 1985, as a tie in with the movie, Signet issued a paperback version that also included the screenplay of the movie. It is a very nice book. This was actually my first limited edition, since I was able to get it for a great discount at the comic shop I was working in at the time. Also Creepshow has only been issued as a paperback here. I got that book the same way. It was so nice to be the one to unpack the shipments and pick the cleanest copy for myself, and buy at a discount. Since then, I've had both books signed by King, at the Folger Library event several years ago. I hope to catch up with Bernie Wrightson at a signing somewhere and complete the signatures.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Cool!
                        I've got quite a few signed editions by king, but never had one of my books signed by him in person.
                        One day....

sk

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          The Land of Enchantment hardback edition of Cycle of the Werewolf was a the original version of the book, put out in 1983. I believe they published a signed version and an unsigned trade hardback, but even the trade version had a very limited run and if I remember right, sold for about $40 new. This was the only version of the book until after the movie version (Silver Bullet) was made. In 1985, as a tie in with the movie, Signet issued a paperback version that also included the screenplay of the movie. It is a very nice book. This was actually my first limited edition, since I was able to get it for a great discount at the comic shop I was working in at the time. Also Creepshow has only been issued as a paperback here. I got that book the same way. It was so nice to be the one to unpack the shipments and pick the cleanest copy for myself, and buy at a discount. Since then, I've had both books signed by King, at the Folger Library event several years ago. I hope to catch up with Bernie Wrightson at a signing somewhere and complete the signatures.
                          Thanks for all the info! Can't wait to get it I just missed Bernie Wrightson at Dallas Comic Con last month, couldn't go, but at least he does conventions so we'll get him someday!

Comment

I am too eclectic-to own every possible edition of the same story( as much as I would LOVE to) ,by Stephen King,or anyone else. First -limited resources-second I am a H.R. Giger ALIEN rarity completist collector,a Star Trekkor, I collect limited edition Ships, Figures and abstractly paint and assemble Antique Star trek models, Also i own EVERYTHING by Pink Floyd,Roger Waters,David Gilmour, Rick Wright, and Syd Barrett; of course Their music- but books, authorized or unauthorized and other related stuff; Like Nick Mason's inside out,tome. As well, I interior decorate(HaHa) my i apartment with H.R. Giger, Rock and Roll, and Dark Tower Prints, well as monotypes by Gerald Scarfe (of The Wall Artwork and Animation Fame). As a painter; must paint or I will go mad,or more unstable (take your pick),;that means canvas,paint,pencils,paper,pen and ink, illustration Board,easels fixed and portable, and room for found objects. I also have an enormous collection of about 1,000 C.D.'s,including framed Lp' and framed Cover Art. I have not counted, but my non-bootleg collection DVD's it is somewhere over 800. Also I maintain a Fowlers toad, and a Chilean Rose Tarantula. So, as far as fiction, i'ojects dart Fiction and non fiction-I had to make a rule- One Above average Hardcover, and at least one "Reader" copy paperback especially of King. There are overlaps My 2004-5 edition of King's Blood and Smoke,Ur,and Stationary Bike-at the time they were not in print so CD it was. So i cannot ,for now- given space and finances -keep up with you frik51, Kudos. it is Quite an admirable QUEST;much like the pull towards the tower. Also you happen to have great taste in writers,you collect many of the same writers, I do. You can day many things about me but, predictable is not one of them- silent is another. Your library of King -may in some metaphysical way hold part of the multiverse; well, "together". International, multilingual-we all have a purpose. Perhaps yours is to create a " King GRAVITATIONAL field" i your Netherlands. All theses collections building force, web like-towards a "Thinny" EVENT HORIZON I am-glad to be near the zone,and know "YOU"; a complete Stephen King orbiter, from a hungry satellite of King Thought. Thanks you made me feel at home here from the beginning, ;It is Ka.

Comment

Thanks, Beam - appreciate it.
                              I'd love to have a peek at your appartment - I think it would almost be the same as visiting the late, great Ackermansion.
                              (if this doesn't ring a bell, google will help out.)
                              Alien, btw, is one of my favorites ever! I heard Ridley Scott and Giger are teaming up again for Prometheus - a sort of Alien prequel.

sk

Comment

Working...
                              X