Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I guess it’s possible that it read 750 at one time, but it said 1000 when I preordered. And I ordered my AGE first.
    Yeah, I could have sworn it said 750, but if that's your recollection, Jeff, I'm probably not remembering correctly.

I had to have a convo with someone before ordering the numbered edition.
    "Someone." My Someone is pretty patient and understanding about such things, but this would've been a stretch, especially since I'd have to let slip that I already have a couple signed limiteds of IAL. She might've gone for THE ROAD, knowing as she does my love for that book, but since I decided to pass on it I didn't have to do that particular tapdance with my Someone.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 09-28-2019, 07:27 PM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I chose to deboard with this title and go with the AGE. I have the Folio edition that I hope to have Joe sign his introduction next week. I liked the story but it isn't a must have.

Comment

I Am Legend - Suntup Press

Thought I would give today's announcement from Suntup Press its own thread:

Suntup Editions is delighted to announce the upcoming publication of a fine press limited edition of I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

Presented in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist Gift, the editions measure 6” x 9” and feature six black & white illustrations by award winning artist Allen Williams. All copies are signed by the artist.
        LegendTrioWide-3.jpg

https://suntup.press/i-am-legend#order-buttons

Currently the Lettered edition is sold out but the Limited and Artist Gift Edition remain.

Comment

I passed on I Am Legend. I love the story but I already have a nice edition. Can't get it all unfortunately. I'm glad Y'all picked it up, I'm sure you'll love it.
          Last edited by mhatchett; 09-29-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Glad to see something in my price point. Sad as this is not a book I love. I thought it was an okay read but it didn't strike much of a chord with me.

Either way I'm sure these will sell out and be great looking books.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I was ready to order I Am Legend until I went through the SP checkout process. Over $5 in taxes and $12.31 for media mail shipping. I don't have a discount/coupon code to use. This means for me -- No way. There is too much extra to pay to get one book. The price listed for the Artist Gift Edition seemed okay until I saw the tax and shipping.

Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                I was ready to order I Am Legend until I went through the SP checkout process. Over $5 in taxes and $12.31 for media mail shipping. I don't have a discount/coupon code to use. This means for me -- No way. There is too much extra to pay to get one book. The price listed for the Artist Gift Edition seemed okay until I saw the tax and shipping.

Cap
                The shipping costs aren't that bad considering the book is being shipped from out of country. I like this book but I'm still on the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  The shipping costs aren't that bad considering the book is being shipped from out of country. I like this book but I'm still on the fence.
                  Are guys talking about Paul's book or another edition? The SP checkout process lost me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Are guys talking about Paul's book or another edition? The SP checkout process lost me.
                    I assume 'SP' meant Suntup Press. The shipping amount quoted matched what I paid and he is in the same state as the press so he is required to pay CA sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I assume 'SP' meant Suntup Press. The shipping amount quoted matched what I paid and he is in the same state as the press so he is required to pay CA sales tax.
                      But it's not shipped out of country like bookworm stated if we're talking about Suntup. At least not to Cap it isn't.

Comment

That being shipped out of country comment confused me. Bookworm1-I am reconsidering. I may purchase IAL yet. ~Cap
                        But it's not shipped out of country like bookworm stated if we're talking about Suntup. At least not to Cap it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                          That being shipped out of country comment confused me. Bookworm1-I am reconsidering. I may purchase IAL yet. ~Cap
                          Not sure if you've ever ordered from Paul, Cap but the books are packed extremely well. Cased in custom foam.

Comment

Not sure if you've ever ordered from Paul, Cap but the books are packed extremely well. Cased in custom foam.
                            Yeah, I don't like to pay large amounts for shipping, either, but at least with Suntup I can see where the money is going...oversized thick-cardboard boxes with the books carefully cased in custom foam. It's probably overkill to a degree, since several sheets of bubblewrap and a cardboard box will almost always achieve the same result, but it's a nice touch that justifies the expense and, as well, illustrates the care and use of fine materials in Suntup's productions, fine materials that even trickle down to the manner in which the books are shipped.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have not ordered from Suntup Press yet. I find too many things to fuel my book addiction.... lol ~Cap

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Yeah, I don't like to pay large amounts for shipping, either, but at least with Suntup I can see where the money is going...oversized thick-cardboard boxes with the books carefully cased in custom foam. It's probably overkill to a degree, since several sheets of bubblewrap and a cardboard box will almost always achieve the same result, but it's a nice touch that justifies the expense and, as well, illustrates the care and use of fine materials in Suntup's productions, fine materials that even trickle down to the manner in which the books are shipped.
                                Their attention to details and the quality of their shipping is so great, I was a little bummed when my wife brought my copies of Horns back from Washington, she threw the boxes away so the books wouldn't take up so much room in her luggage. I've never felt that way about a mailing box before.

Comment

Working...
                                X