Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions - All Books

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    From what I've read of his work, for me, it would be best described as fantastical. I had to take small bites of it but certainly understand where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, and I tried to get to that place, but I just fumed every step of the journey. I'm glad for the people who find the reward in his books. I wish I was among you.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    The gift edition is enough for me I do like this book, so it'll be nice to have a good copy of it.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am kind of hoping for something with a gift edition release that would be an easy pass for me at a limited level. I Am Legend would be an example. Didn't really like it I originally read and would not spend $200 plus for a copy. So many people rave about it that I do want to try again so a gift for around $100 would get me to jump in. I will see on Saturday.
    Well, you got your wish, Martin.

I went for the Artist/Gift Edition as well...I already have two signed/limited editions of I AM LEGEND...the signed (by Matheson)/numbered I AM LEGEND HC edition from Gauntlet, and the signed(by Matheson)/numbered BLOODLINES HC, also from Gauntlet...so wasn't going to spend $695 on another numbered edition, let alone one not signed by the late Matheson. As it's one of my favorite novels, though, I'm thrilled Paul chose it as a feature title, as I wasn't about to pass up a Gift Edition of it with that Suntup treatment.

On a related note, I could have sworn that Artist/Gift Edition had a limitation of 750 -- not 1000 as it has now -- when I ordered it during the private pre-order period. Not a big deal as I would have ordered it regardless, and I might not be remembering correctly...but if the limitation did change from the private pre-order to the public pre-order, that's unfortunate. But again, I could be misremembering.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post

I went for the Artist/Gift Edition as well...I already have two signed/limited editions of I AM LEGEND...the signed (by Matheson)/numbered I AM LEGEND HC edition from Gauntlet, and the signed(by Matheson)/numbered BLOODLINES HC, also from Gauntlet...so wasn't going to spend $695 on another numbered edition, let alone one not signed by the late Matheson. As it's one of my favorite novels, though, I'm thrilled Paul chose it as a feature title, as I wasn't about to pass up a Gift Edition of it with that Suntup treatment.

On a related note, I could have sworn that Artist/Gift Edition had a limitation of 750 -- not 1000 as it has now -- when I ordered it during the private pre-order period. Not a big deal as I would have ordered it regardless, and I might not be remembering correctly...but if the limitation did change from the private pre-order to the public pre-order, that's unfortunate. But again, I could be misremembering.
    I ordered the Artist/Gift Edition. The stake had me thinking it was either Carmilla, Dracula or I Am Legend and I though I Am Legend was the most likely originally. As time passed I began thinking Dracula. Not thrilled with this as the story was not great in my opinion. I will take this opportunity to read it again and see if it strikes me differently this time around. I do respect the impact this story had on writers and on many who read it. It just did not wow me. May have been a case of high expectations and on re-read I will not have high expectations. So, who knows I may end up liking it!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar

I guess itís possible that it read 750 at one time, but it said 1000 when I preordered. And I ordered my AGE first. I had to have a convo with someone before ordering the numbered edition.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I guess it’s possible that it read 750 at one time, but it said 1000 when I preordered. And I ordered my AGE first.
    Yeah, I could have sworn it said 750, but if that's your recollection, Jeff, I'm probably not remembering correctly.

I had to have a convo with someone before ordering the numbered edition.
    "Someone." My Someone is pretty patient and understanding about such things, but this would've been a stretch, especially since I'd have to let slip that I already have a couple signed limiteds of IAL. She might've gone for THE ROAD, knowing as she does my love for that book, but since I decided to pass on it I didn't have to do that particular tapdance with my Someone.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 09-28-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    I chose to deboard with this title and go with the AGE. I have the Folio edition that I hope to have Joe sign his introduction next week. I liked the story but it isn't a must have.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

I Am Legend - Suntup Press

Thought I would give today's announcement from Suntup Press its own thread:

Suntup Editions is delighted to announce the upcoming publication of a fine press limited edition of I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

Presented in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist Gift, the editions measure 6” x 9” and feature six black & white illustrations by award winning artist Allen Williams. All copies are signed by the artist.
    LegendTrioWide-3.jpg

https://suntup.press/i-am-legend#order-buttons

Currently the Lettered edition is sold out but the Limited and Artist Gift Edition remain.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    I passed on I Am Legend. I love the story but I already have a nice edition. Can't get it all unfortunately. I'm glad Y'all picked it up, I'm sure you'll love it.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 09-29-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Glad to see something in my price point. Sad as this is not a book I love. I thought it was an okay read but it didn't strike much of a chord with me.

Either way I'm sure these will sell out and be great looking books.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I was ready to order I Am Legend until I went through the SP checkout process. Over $5 in taxes and $12.31 for media mail shipping. I don't have a discount/coupon code to use. This means for me -- No way. There is too much extra to pay to get one book. The price listed for the Artist Gift Edition seemed okay until I saw the tax and shipping.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I was ready to order I Am Legend until I went through the SP checkout process. Over $5 in taxes and $12.31 for media mail shipping. I don't have a discount/coupon code to use. This means for me -- No way. There is too much extra to pay to get one book. The price listed for the Artist Gift Edition seemed okay until I saw the tax and shipping.

Cap
    The shipping costs aren't that bad considering the book is being shipped from out of country. I like this book but I'm still on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    The shipping costs aren't that bad considering the book is being shipped from out of country. I like this book but I'm still on the fence.
    Are guys talking about Paul's book or another edition? The SP checkout process lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Are guys talking about Paul's book or another edition? The SP checkout process lost me.
    I assume 'SP' meant Suntup Press. The shipping amount quoted matched what I paid and he is in the same state as the press so he is required to pay CA sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I assume 'SP' meant Suntup Press. The shipping amount quoted matched what I paid and he is in the same state as the press so he is required to pay CA sales tax.
    But it's not shipped out of country like bookworm stated if we're talking about Suntup. At least not to Cap it isn't.

That being shipped out of country comment confused me. Bookworm1-I am reconsidering. I may purchase IAL yet. ~Cap
    But it's not shipped out of country like bookworm stated if we're talking about Suntup. At least not to Cap it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    That being shipped out of country comment confused me. Bookworm1-I am reconsidering. I may purchase IAL yet. ~Cap
    Not sure if you've ever ordered from Paul, Cap but the books are packed extremely well. Cased in custom foam.

Not sure if you've ever ordered from Paul, Cap but the books are packed extremely well. Cased in custom foam.
    Yeah, I don't like to pay large amounts for shipping, either, but at least with Suntup I can see where the money is going...oversized thick-cardboard boxes with the books carefully cased in custom foam. It's probably overkill to a degree, since several sheets of bubblewrap and a cardboard box will almost always achieve the same result, but it's a nice touch that justifies the expense and, as well, illustrates the care and use of fine materials in Suntup's productions, fine materials that even trickle down to the manner in which the books are shipped.

I have not ordered from Suntup Press yet. I find too many things to fuel my book addiction.... lol ~Cap

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't like to pay large amounts for shipping, either, but at least with Suntup I can see where the money is going...oversized thick-cardboard boxes with the books carefully cased in custom foam. It's probably overkill to a degree, since several sheets of bubblewrap and a cardboard box will almost always achieve the same result, but it's a nice touch that justifies the expense and, as well, illustrates the care and use of fine materials in Suntup's productions, fine materials that even trickle down to the manner in which the books are shipped.
    Their attention to details and the quality of their shipping is so great, I was a little bummed when my wife brought my copies of Horns back from Washington, she threw the boxes away so the books wouldn't take up so much room in her luggage. I've never felt that way about a mailing box before.