Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OZ's collection

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar

OZ's collection

[Message deleted for new pictures]
    Last edited by ozmosis7; 11-29-2013 at 03:25 PM.

[Message deleted for new pictures]
    Last edited by ozmosis7; 11-29-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    Very nice! I see some HC's in there I'm still trying to find! And I love the artwork!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Great collection!

P.S. I love the little triangle peg game in one of those pictures, did you steal it from a Cracker Barrel... lol
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Check out my collection, I got a lot of King. However, very intricate and good selection of SK novels

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    did you steal it from a Cracker Barrel
    Perhaps...in my more wild days LOL

Quote Originally Posted by srboone View Post
    Very nice! I see some HC's in there I'm still trying to find! And I love the artwork!
    Thank you all. My writing and art typically focus on fears and such, and my photography is about growth and beauty. It's kind of my Yin & Yang. There is something about colors of a flower that makes me smile. Besides, it keeps the wife happy. Although, I am hoping to delve into my darker side with photography. I've made a few attempts on my imagekind site, but nothing incredible so far.

Also, that device in front of Under the Dome in picture 2 has gotten me through a lot of editing. In anticipation of the sequel to my first small press book These Trespasses my publisher is letting me rework it a bit (to fix a slew of mistakes) for a limited edition promo. The book hasn't sold much, but I am damn proud of having written both stories. Having just finished editing a third and sending it out, that makes three short novels I have written in the span of a year. The editing can be tiring, and with my allergies stinging my eyes non-stop I need that device to hit once in a while to hear its chime, in order to take the edge off LOL. I think it came out of some sort of old instrument I took apart when I was younger.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Like what I see here!
    Lot's of King, some Koontz, Barker, Poe and even Dan Brown. Do you like him? brown, I mean? I think he's terribly overrated.

But - where do you store your dustjackets?

sk

My wife bought me the Dan Brown books as a gift. I've never touched them as of yet, so I can't say. Many I know weren't fond of them. The Koontz Frankenstein series is absolutely killer, and Odd Thomas is fun.

I sold my dust-jackets on Ebay to get money when I needed it. I kind of wish I hadn't, but there are very few take backs in life. Besides, I don't typically display books with them or plan on selling any books. I usually give them away if I get a better copy. The only reason you see a few books with them is because my wife insists they are key to the Brown stories, or I have recently bought the book.

THe highlights of my collection, to me, are: My HC of Cycle of the Werewolf, and Hawthorne's Mosses From an Old Manse

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed misery chastain loves co.'s Avatar
    Aha! A collection I can relate to! lol. This looks like my shelves, books picked up at stores here and there, or King books I have had for YEARS that look a little dog eared or tired but with their own special character. You have some great books!

Thanks!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed misery chastain loves co.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Also, that device in front of Under the Dome in picture 2 has gotten me through a lot of editing. In anticipation of the sequel to my first small press book These Trespasses my publisher is letting me rework it a bit (to fix a slew of mistakes) for a limited edition promo. The book hasn't sold much, but I am damn proud of having written both stories. Having just finished editing a third and sending it out, that makes three short novels I have written in the span of a year. The editing can be tiring, and with my allergies stinging my eyes non-stop I need that device to hit once in a while to hear its chime, in order to take the edge off LOL. I think it came out of some sort of old instrument I took apart when I was younger.
    I forgot to say Congrats! You should be damn proud of yourself! Where would the world be without people writing about it? (or their own worlds) Cool artwork too! The top one reminds me a little of Candyman, or am I way off there? lol, I have not one artistic bone in my body. Also, as far as the flower pics, stay a smart man and keep your wife happy

Missed this, but thanks for the kind response.

Anyway, I made my first official collector's purchase. A friend of mine was in need of some cash. I'm not really sure how much this was worth. I don't really have tons of extra money now days, but I flipped him $60 for it with free shipping. This is one of my favorite reads. Needless to say, I guess I will keeping the dust jacket on this one, although I am unsure of what to do with the book, as to display it.

IMG_0075.jpgIMG_0077.jpgIMG_0078.jpg

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Very nice Kenneth! You know now that you crossed into the realm of collectable books there is no turning back...Right?

LOL, it might be so. Now i just need to find a constant source of money or have my wife become a sugar mama and I'll be fine,

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    LOL, it might be so. Now i just need to find a constant source of money or have my wife become a sugar mama and I'll be fine,
    That's way to funny. I've told my wife on plenty of occasions that she needs to find herself a sugar daddy and then pass along the extra bucks to me! LOL

Lol.

Nice collection. I'm a Joe Hill fan too.

Thanks!

My wife and I listened to this book on audio during a trip across country to see my family and we were all in. It was an awesome drive, the trip much more enjoyable. We did the same thing with Horns the following year, which was excellent although we prefer HSB. She loved Joe Hill so much she has begun to listen to Stephen King, so it has bridged a gap for us, as she didn't care for his work so much before. Now she is addicted to books-on-tape LOL, and I have someone close to share with. I still like the feel of a hardcover in my collection, though. Hopefully can get some good ones now that I have found CD.