No announcement yet.

Holy grail of horror up for sale - The Best of Cemetery Dance LETTERED EDITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy grail of horror up for sale - The Best of Cemetery Dance LETTERED EDITION

It's with mixed emotions I'm selling my entire Laymon collection, but while it greatly saddens me to part with many books that have been a great joy to read and share in the adventures, it makes me happy to know they will find new, good homes among Laymon fans. I've listed the first few: A CEMETERY DANCE LETTERED EDITION OF THE BEST OF CEMETERY DANCE, signed by Laymon, Koontz, King and many many other great writers of the modern genre, a very good crisp copy of the ultra rare 'A Strangers Arms' which he penned under the name of Carla Laymon, and the only copy I've ever seen in existance in print of the short story 'What Jimmy Saw' which is in the halloween edition of the 1998 Los Angeles Times.

These three and many many other ultra rare titles will be appearing in due course on ebay. Hope they find good homes but more importantly they go somewhere where people will treasure them at least a fraction as much as what I've done over the years they are all listed on ebay.co.uk

Good luck with the sale. Here is a link to your page: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reticentr...p2047675.l2559

Comment

I was excited about that copy of A Strangers Arms. But it just hammers home the fact that I will never be able to afford one!

Comment

Thanks for putting the link on Martin, it doesn't work via my mobile app. Have listed the artists edition of October dreams, which is also exceptionally rare and was never offered for sale to the public as far as I know. The lettered edition had 52 copies, the artists was much much less.

Comment

Originally posted by ReticentRomeo View Post
          Thanks for putting the link on Martin, it doesn't work via my mobile app. Have listed the artists edition of October dreams, which is also exceptionally rare and was never offered for sale to the public as far as I know. The lettered edition had 52 copies, the artists was much much less.
          That Artist Edition of October Dreams is something I have only seen a couple of times. It is a fantastic item, I will have to keep my eyes on it.

Comment

Just out of curiosity what would be the lowest price you would take for the October Dreams AE?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              Just out of curiosity what would be the lowest price you would take for the October Dreams AE?
              It's such a rare item and as such I'm not sure if it's true value. The only copy I've seen is from an online bookstore, who want $2000 for their copy. I think I paid about $1000 for it several years ago, so I think I would like to at least recoup what I paid for it ideally.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                I was excited about that copy of A Strangers Arms. But it just hammers home the fact that I will never be able to afford one!
                Too rich for me but worth it. Hopefully you will get what you are looking for.

Comment

Have listed the artists edition of October dreams
                  Am I missing something here, as I can't seem to find this listing. or maybe it's sold already?

Oops - found it; my bad.

sk
                  Last edited by frik51; 09-14-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

It's such a rare item and as such I'm not sure if it's true value. The only copy I've seen is from an online bookstore, who want $2000 for their copy. I think I paid about $1000 for it several years ago, so I think I would like to at least recoup what I paid for it ideally.
                    I don't know how much we're bidding on it for, but CD is bidding on it. It's one of only a handful of books we've published where we don't actually have a copy of it anywhere. Completing the CD library has been a side project of mine for awhile. I'm pretty close, I'm missing like 3 older lettered editions, and all of the older (pre Big Book of Necon) artist editions (which isn't very many).
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I paid $2000 for mine about 5 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X