Thread: Cemetery Dance Customer Service!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar

Cemetery Dance Customer Service!

Just wanted to state again that Cemetery Dance continues to set the bar for customer service.

Realized over the weekend that I had messed up an order I had placed. The issue was on my end but I hoped CD could do something to help me so I sent an email to Mindy. Early Tuesday, first day back from the holiday, Mindy had replied with a resolution and by today it is resolved. Again, this was my issue not CD's yet CD worked quickly to provide a resolution!

This kind of service has been a hallmark of Cemetery Dance for the 21 years I have been buying from them. Mindy, Brian and Dan have always been quick to respond and do what they can. I am old enough that I remember Kelly Laymon helping with an issue once, the service is always quick and helpful.

Thank you all, and specifically Mindy in this case!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I agree - Mindy is amazing! She has fixed a few things for me over the years, and each time I wonder how she does it all. I can only imagine how many requests/emails she deals with every day.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Piling on here! Mindy's great even with my asshat requests! I asked for a specific number for my copy of ON THIS THE DAY OF THE PIG--an edition that wasn't numbered. I also asked for a particular inscription from Richard in my copy of GIRL ON THE PORCH--even though I bought my copy via CD, I don't believe Richard is doing a signing. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking. And Mindy suffered this fool with grace. So I guess this rambling post is actually my apology for being weird and anxious.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Just wanted to state again that Cemetery Dance continues to set the bar for customer service.

Realized over the weekend that I had messed up an order I had placed. The issue was on my end but I hoped CD could do something to help me so I sent an email to Mindy. Early Tuesday, first day back from the holiday, Mindy had replied with a resolution and by today it is resolved. Again, this was my issue not CD's yet CD worked quickly to provide a resolution!

This kind of service has been a hallmark of Cemetery Dance for the 21 years I have been buying from them. Mindy, Brian and Dan have always been quick to respond and do what they can. I am old enough that I remember Kelly Laymon helping with an issue once, the service is always quick and helpful.

Thank you all, and specifically Mindy in this case!
    Not to downplay "us" here, but you actually just got really really lucky on that one.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Not to downplay "us" here, but you actually just got really really lucky on that one.
    I completely agree. I almost did not even bother to send the note. Beyond getting lucky, the speed and grace it was handled was why I posted this.

I completely agree. I almost did not even bother to send the note. Beyond getting lucky, the speed and grace it was handled was why I posted this.
    Ha! It kinda went like this.

M: Hey Dan do we still have this?

D: Maybe we have a lot of those left let me go look.

2 minutes later

D: Yep. He's lucky.

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ha! It kinda went like this.

M: Hey Dan do we still have this?

D: Maybe we have a lot of those left let me go look.

2 minutes later

D: Yep. He's lucky.
    Made me very happy!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    This seems like an appropriate place to post. My copy of Cardinal Black arrived, and the dust jacket had a slight fold in the bottom front, which the slipcase had made permanent. I asked if I could get a new DJ - no hurry, and as postage to Australia is so expensive, I made it clear I was quite happy to wait for it to be included in my next package (there is always a next package).
    Anyway, a couple of days ago, I received the new DJ in the post.
    Above and beyond. Thanks Mindy, Dan et al

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    This seems like an appropriate place to post. My copy of Cardinal Black arrived, and the dust jacket had a slight fold in the bottom front, which the slipcase had made permanent. I asked if I could get a new DJ - no hurry, and as postage to Australia is so expensive, I made it clear I was quite happy to wait for it to be included in my next package (there is always a next package).
    Anyway, a couple of days ago, I received the new DJ in the post.
    Above and beyond. Thanks Mindy, Dan et al
    Honestly you'd have gotten it sooner, but the printer forgot to print extra DJs for both editions. So we had to wait for them to run more.

Instagram

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    I believe Brian's IT folks finally got my CDCC issues resolved! Thanks so much Brian and Dan for keeping me in the loop as announcements were made while the problem was being worked on. You guys didn't have to, but you did and it's much appreciated.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Sure, over the years, the CD staff has been fantastic. Except for the one time I had asked Brian to help me out with a small issue and all he would say was, "What are you doing at my front door?!?!?!?"....seemed a little rude to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Sure, over the years, the CD staff has been fantastic. Except for the one time I had asked Brian to help me out with a small issue and all he would say was, "What are you doing at my front door?!?!?!?"....seemed a little rude to me!
    I agree. Expecting you to go around to the back door is a bit rude.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    I agree. Expecting you to go around to the back door is a bit rude.
    I thought so.

Beyond getting lucky.