Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

Just wondering if anyone else here on the CD forum picked up this book today or if they have read it? SubPress announced it this morning and it is already sold out! Have never ready anything by this author but am glad I pulled the trigger right away. This book sounds bananas and I can't wait to give it a go!

The trade edition isn't out until next week, so assuming it wasn't previously self-published, I doubt anyone beyond the admins have had a chance to read it (since they get ARCs).

Comment

Thanks slayn666! I wasn't aware of that. Makes sense after looking at Goodreads. Don't read a ton of sci-fi/fantasy, but this one has me excited. Sounds bonkers!

Comment

Tor has the first few chapters on their website. I read them after posting here last and now I'm kind of regretting not jumping on this limited.

Comment

I almost pulled the trigger on this one, but ultimately I passed. Something about the premise just didn't quite stick for me, at least not for an $85 price tag. I've put it on the "track it down in paperback" list. Knowing my luck, once I read it I'll love and kick myself for not getting a copy.

Comment

Had no interest in this one, so an easy pass for me. I tend to get a silly shot of relief when I see new releases come out that I know I don't need.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              I tend to get a silly shot of relief when I see new releases come out that I know I don't need.
              Oddly enough I do too. I have also reconciled with myself that I don't need to buy everything that comes out. The "Fear of missing out" lingers as it's kind of inherent in limited editions, but I've gotten better at sifting through things to settle on what I really want long term. I do a lot of "This or That" type of process of elimination.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                Had no interest in this one, so an easy pass for me. I tend to get a silly shot of relief when I see new releases come out that I know I don't need.
                It is a relief! I also find it's easier to pass on upcoming releases the longer my unfulfilled preorder list gets.

Comment

Had NO interest in this one. I am also getting a bit more selective in my book purchases.

Comment

Haven't read it either.. overall it has high rating..but some people have called it a hype. If you guys want to sample 2 chapters, tor has it here
                    https://www.tor.com/2019/04/08/read-...pters-1-and-2/

Comment

Managed to get a copy through DRP!

Comment

This book is really good, you should all get a copy of the trade (or ebook) and read it.

Comment

Love hearing that slayn666! Was a bit worried when I ordered the limited as I have never read anything by this author; however, between the book's description and the fact that SubPress was publishing it, I figured I would give this title/author a chance.

Comment

I'm about 20% into the book right now, and it's holding my interest. This isn't usually something I'd read, but the reviewers liked it, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Comment

If someone wants to sell Gideon of the Subterranean edition, it is in pre-order. I can buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X