fmancino's SK collection (36 books)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
    I loved your idea for the Chronological Order but, I already read the first three... (almost done with 'Salem's Lot)
    Did you like Insomnia or Under the Dome better?
    I haven't gotten around to Under the Dome yet either.
    Too busy with my work. Soon though.
    I'd stay away from either Insomnia as well as Under the Dome for now.
    Insomnia has a definite Dark Tower connection and reading it now this wouldn't really come across.
    Under the Dome is a stand alone novel (I believe), but one of his last books.
    Just stick to chronological. You'll get some of his best books ever. Many people feel the early King is the best King.
    Don't know if I agree, though.

Anyways, when you're done with Salem's Lot, just move on to Rage (A Bachman novel ) or Night Shift, a short story collection.
    Soon..The Stand. King's best!

sk

Comment

Thanks, I'll google a book list chronological order!

Comment

I think you should read Insomnia before you read Under the Dome. I actually like Insomnia better. I love the characters in it .

Comment

Are any books sequels to 'Salem's Lot! Please no spoilers because I'm almost done, just heard that there should be a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
            Are any books sequels to 'Salem's Lot!
            No, not really, although one of the characters returns in The Dark Tower series, and two short stories, Jerusalem's Lot and One For the Road, are closely related.
            But, as you've read/are reading Night Shift by now (I believe), you should be familiar with them by now.

sk

Comment

It's always fun to see somebody starting to really like an author and grab what they can find. Slowly putting together a set of their work.

I started collecting King books in the mid-1980's - my first real HC collection - and eventually had very close to just about everything he ever did in books, mags, etc. (a huge collection to say the least and since have sold off a lot of it over the years). My first King book was the yellow movie tie-in PB of THE SHINING and I picked it up because it said "The author of Salem's Lot" on it I believe or I had remembered his name from seeing the minseries on TV the year before. After that I pretty much grabbed everything I could by him and within a few years was buying all of the HC's, etc. In my own opinion, I think his best work (besides a few things here and there over the years such as DIFFERENT SEASONS, MISERY, etc.) was the period from SALEM'S LOT to THE DEAD ZONE. And I don't know whether it's nostalgia or what, but I still think THE SHINING might be his best book. (Although, I have enjoyed many other of his books too). So i'd recommend starting with some of his earlier book as well because I think many of them hold up very well and will also give you an idea why he became so well-known and well-liked.

My problem is I like too many other authors and any of you collectors know it's tough enough to complete a run of one author's work - let alone many! So I decided to be more selective and keep reading whatever but sell off what I don't need or want.

- James
              http://darkdiscoveries.com
              Last edited by darkdiscoveries; 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X