The Dismembered by Jonathan Janz:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dismembered by Jonathan Janz:

So Jonathan Janz Tweeted 'Now that the cat is out of the bag, here you go, folks. Coming from @CemeteryDance with artwork from @matthew_revert
    : THE DISMEMBERED.'

Dismembered.jpg

I did not even know that there was a cat in the bag!

I saw that as well on Twitter. I wonder if it's going to be a volume in the Novella series or...?

EDIT: Ooo, looks like I just hit an even 1500 posts...love even-number milestones like that. :-)
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      I saw that as well on Twitter. I wonder if it's going to be a volume in the Novella series or...?

EDIT: Ooo, looks like I just hit an even 1500 posts...love even-number milestones like that. :-)
      And Martin's post before yours was 5757!

LOVE this cover!

I hope it's part of either the Forthcoming Grab Bag 2018 OR the Cemetery Dance Book Club 8.

Comment

Love the cover as well. Looks great.

I've only read one book from the author but I did enjoy it. The book was Children of the Dark.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

And looks like it's 75 cents too!! What a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            And looks like it's 75 cents too!! What a bargain!
            I noticed that as well and I'm concerned that CD is going to lose money on this one. But who am I, a bean counter?? Just make with the books!

Comment

I am in for that price. Please post the link.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Love the cover as well. Looks great.

I've only read one book from the author but I did enjoy it. The book was Children of the Dark.
                I was offered a free digital copy of his first novel, The Sorrows. It was a good story but it did feel like an author trying to find his voice. I have always intended to circle back and try a latter book of his. This may be my chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  I was offered a free digital copy of his first novel, The Sorrows. It was a good story but it did feel like an author trying to find his voice. I have always intended to circle back and try a latter book of his. This may be my chance.
                  Janzs is a super writer . I’ve read several of his books and I have not been disappointed . As with most writers some of his stories are definitely stronger than others but he is a fun read. He has a bunch of books available through FlameTree press if anyone is interested in checking out his work

Comment

I'm also digging the cover and am looking forward to this one. I've yet to read anything by Janz and that needs to be corrected.

Comment

Have also never read anything from this author. Have seen the name bandied about with mentions of his stuff being good, but never anything more specific than that. I did previously see that a lot of his work is being rereleased; so, I'm assuming there must be a strong demand for it. If anyone has read this author, what is the book that broke this author out; or, where would you recommend starting? From the description of this book, it sounds like historical horror and, from what I can gather, not the usual type of story from this author.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                        Have also never read anything from this author. Have seen the name bandied about with mentions of his stuff being good, but never anything more specific than that. I did previously see that a lot of his work is being rereleased; so, I'm assuming there must be a strong demand for it. If anyone has read this author, what is the book that broke this author out; or, where would you recommend starting? From the description of this book, it sounds like historical horror and, from what I can gather, not the usual type of story from this author.
                        Janz is a little atypical in that he didn't have a breakout book, per se, ala Paul Tremblay w/ HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, but rather just progressively built up an audience through smart but modest marketing, word of mouth hype/recs, and a consistent output of new material. If I had to assign that breakout label to one of his books, though, I'd probably go with SAVAGE SPECIES...it seemed to me like the book that put him on the map for many folks not yet familiar with him. I read it, and while it was pretty good, I don't know that I would say it's the one that a first-time reader should pick as I doubt it's his best...it was a bit rough in spots, a little light in characterization (though I think deliberately, as he was trying for a Laymon'esque vibe, I believe) and placed more emphasis on pacing, which I don't believe is his typical approach. I haven't read enough of his other works to make a learned recommendation, unfortunately. I did just recently pick up NIGHTMARE GIRL, and I've heard good things about it.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I've read everything by Janz. His newest, The Dark Game, is a great place to start. I think it's probably his best written book. Children of the Dark might be the one I hear that most people like the best. Nightmare Girl is my favorite. Part of that is probably tied to when I read it and what I was going through at the time.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations RonClinton & khaos! Think I'm going to give a few of these a whirl and see if I like his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                              I've read everything by Janz. His newest, The Dark Game, is a great place to start. I think it's probably his best written book. Children of the Dark might be the one I hear that most people like the best. Nightmare Girl is my favorite. Part of that is probably tied to when I read it and what I was going through at the time.
                              Children of the Dark and Nightmare Girl are both great books. He is working on a sequel to Children Of The Dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X