No announcement yet.

Online Book auction Aug 15-Sep 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine if they fucked up my order, I'm from Croatia, you don't even wanna know how much I paid the shipping xD

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
      Responded I better check what I get against my list, just to be sure.
      I went back and checked my bidding history, and this is what I see - only one copy of SoD vol 2, and two copies of SoD 1.

sod.jpg

Comment

Yep, I replied to your PM with that. It looks like the auction house fucked up and listed two copies of the wrong volume and I drew the short straw on who got screwed by it.

Comment

My books safely arrived a day late. No problems with my order.

Comment

Paul is not answering his phone.

Paul has until, I dunno, maybe Wednesday to get this cleared up before I start the chargebacks on both him and the shipping company.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Paul is not answering his phone.

Paul has until, I dunno, maybe Wednesday to get this cleared up before I start the chargebacks on both him and the shipping company.
              He didn't pick up my calls or call back again after I left the last message. Hopefully he gets in touch with you soon.

Comment

Aaaaaaand now Paul's mailbox is full.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to start the chargeback process.

Edit: If I were less irritated over this whole situation, I'd probably just keep Volume 2 and flip as I could almost certainly recoup all my costs and make a little profit.
                Last edited by slayn666; 10-01-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Btw, are there many auctions like this one ? This was my first to which I stumbled upon and had some cool stuff. But I'm guessing they don't happen often...?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph92 View Post
                    Btw, are there many auctions like this one ? This was my first to which I stumbled upon and had some cool stuff. But I'm guessing they don't happen often...?
                    My guess is they happen more often then you'd think, they just don't get advertised in collectors circles all that often. I'm thinking like estate sales and that kind of stuff.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

A few times I've seen collections handed over to booksellers on a consignment basis after the owner has passed, but they almost always go up on eBay.

Comment

A few times I've seen collections handed over to booksellers on a consignment basis after the owner has passed, but they almost always go up on eBay.
                        Yes, I usually see them on ebay too, and also on Facebook. I've seen some of Harlan Ellison's comic collection show up on ebay lately.

Comment

They sold Forrest J Ackerman's huge book collection on eBay in lots. I bought one of the lots just to have a piece of the Ackermansion, which I was never able to visit. (Although I did meet Forry on a few occasions.)

Comment

I think a lot of time though this stuff ends up in the hands of those collectors children, and those children often don't really know what their parents have. So in that case it ends up with companies that handle estate sales and auctions.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                            X