Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Online Book auction Aug 15-Sep 6

  1. #21
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,601
    Rep Power
    54
    Good on you!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    9
    I picked up a few. Won about half my list.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    7
    This may be a stupid question, but do these guys just automatically charge your card at some point or is there a hidden checkout method I can't find?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but do these guys just automatically charge your card at some point or is there a hidden checkout method I can't find?
    I sent a message but haven't heard back yet.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but do these guys just automatically charge your card at some point or is there a hidden checkout method I can't find?
    I didn't hear anything but the charge showed up on my credit card on Sunday. I assume it includes shipping.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I didn't hear anything but the charge showed up on my credit card on Sunday. I assume it includes shipping.
    I had to call (360-305-1110). They said they use third party shipping and the shipper would be contacting me about preferences and would be charging me direct. I have not heard from the shipper yet

  7. #27
    Junior Member Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I didn't hear anything but the charge showed up on my credit card on Sunday. I assume it includes shipping.
    same here, I got charged $80 more than my bidding list... if that doesn't include shipping, wtf is that ?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph92 View Post
    same here, I got charged $80 more than my bidding list... if that doesn't include shipping, wtf is that ?
    There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

    Anyone heard from this mystery shipper yet?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

    Anyone heard from this mystery shipper yet?
    I haven't heard anything yet.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    9
    Got charged today but haven't heard anything back. I did get a response during the sale agreeing to wait a week for me to pay. I really didn't expect to hear anything until I paid.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Inmate
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    9
    Maybe they are waiting for all payments, so they can ship everything at once. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

    Anyone heard from this mystery shipper yet?
    So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I just hope they pack things properly.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Posts
    943
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.
    Then again, if I calculate (bids + 13% premium) * NJ sales tax, it comes out to what they charged me. Maybe shipping will be extra after all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •