No announcement yet.

Online Book auction Aug 15-Sep 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got charged today but haven't heard anything back. I did get a response during the sale agreeing to wait a week for me to pay. I really didn't expect to hear anything until I paid.

Comment

Maybe they are waiting for all payments, so they can ship everything at once. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
        There was a 13% buyer's premium, depending on how much you bought, that could be the additional $80.

Anyone heard from this mystery shipper yet?
        So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.

Comment

So I did the math on mine, and the total I was charged was my winning bid + the buyer's premium + what I would expect would be the shipping via media mail for the number of books I won. I half expect I'm just going to get a package sometime in the next week, with no warning from the auction house or the shippers.
          Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I just hope they pack things properly.

Comment

Then again, if I calculate (bids + 13% premium) * NJ sales tax, it comes out to what they charged me. Maybe shipping will be extra after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              Then again, if I calculate (bids + 13% premium) * NJ sales tax, it comes out to what they charged me. Maybe shipping will be extra after all.
              Seems like the extra charge is, indeed, sales tax. The shipper left me a message earlier asking to arrange everything.

Comment

Nothing yet for me.

Comment

Almost twenty bucks to ship two books via media mail ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Damned "handling fees"

Comment

Just got a call and paid for shipping about an hour ago. Wasn't bad at all I was expecting the bill to be worse. I had been planning to call the auction house tomorrow morning about shipping. Now I'm looking forward to getting a big box of books in a week or so.

Comment

I got a call yesterday too. $80 for shipping. Good thing I got some bargains.

Comment

These cocksuckers sent me Secretary of Dreams Volume 2. They better issue a damned refund.

Looks like Dave was the winner of Volume 2, so maybe all is not lost here. Check your PMs my friend.
                        Last edited by slayn666; 09-24-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

These cocksuckers sent me Secretary of Dreams Volume 2. They better issue a damned refund.

Looks like Dave was the winner of Volume 2, so maybe all is not lost here. Check your PMs my friend.
                          Responded I better check what I get against my list, just to be sure.

Comment

Sorry man. That is why I've left instructions for my wife/children on what to do with my books when I pass. They will be going somewhere that actually knows books and knows the market for them.

Sounds like these folks just figured a book is a book.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Now that I've calmed down a bit (but only a bit...), I suppose I can see how this mix-up could happen, but ONLY IF Dave was sent two copies of volume one. If it went to someone else, then yeah, someone over in Washington state is just an idiot.

Comment

My box is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Now I'm feeling paranoid.

Comment

Working...
                                X