No announcement yet.

Stephen King books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not a bad idea... but I already read Carrie and the Shining and now I'm reading 'Salem's Lot. Those are his first 3 books.

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
      That's not a bad idea... but I already read Carrie and the Shining and now I'm reading 'Salem's Lot. Those are his first 3 books.
      Then after that I would move onto his fourth book, not sure which that is off the top of my head though. As to your earlier question about The Gunslinger, it's been good so far, I'm not really far enough into though to give a fair assessment.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I would definitley go with "It" next. It's not only the best of the bunch, but a summertime story, too. My favorites after that would be Full Dark, On Writing, Under the Dome, and Insomnia. I like frik's idea of reading them in order of publication. I've been reading them new, as they came out, since The Dead Zone arrived at the library. I had read the older books by then, and kept up ever since.

And Dan, you should be stoned to death as a BLASHPHEMER, even if you didn't say Jehovah. You have a lot of catching up to do.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Wow! There are so many great ideas. I love the Chronological order idea but, I recently read The Shining and Carrie and now I'm reading 'Salem's Lot. So maybe I'll just continue after the Shining? I really need to know if Insomnia is good because I'm getting an equal share of hates and likes. I'm just so stuck because I wanna read Under the Dome, Insomnia, and It. But I might get the gift edition of IT so I think I'm going to wait to read IT. Any more advice?

Comment

I know there is one coming out in November and what is his other book? The IT anniversary edition?
            New Dark Tower book, The Wind Through the Keyhole

Comment

Oh yeah heard about that; releasing some time in 2012. SO, I need more advice? Read them in chronological order or not?

Comment

Let me know if it's good when you're done

Comment

It's not really off topic. Do you by any chance know how many copies are left for the IT anniversary gift edition?

Comment

I really need to know if Insomnia is good because I'm getting an equal share of hates and likes. I'm just so stuck because I wanna read Under the Dome, Insomnia, and It. But I might get the gift edition of IT so I think I'm going to wait to read IT. Any more advice?
                    I wasn't a big fan of Insomnia, but even so I would wait. There are ties to the Dark Tower series and there are parts that will be more relevant after you've read through at least the 3rd Dark Tower book. It's not necessary to enjoy the story, but it helps.

And if I already have a copy of It, I wouldn't be reading my Cemetery Dance edition anyway.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It's not really off topic. Do you by any chance know how many copies are left for the IT anniversary gift edition?
                      Not sure how many are left. I would think it'll probably make it to July before being sold out, but you never know.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        And if I already have a copy of It, I wouldn't be reading my Cemetery Dance edition anyway.
                        I actually think I will reread It when I get the CD versions of it, just have to decide when version to read, lol. Probably will end up being the gift edition though. Maybe CD should make some bookmarks to send with these
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Why?

Comment

Would I have to read the Dark Tower series before reading Insomnia?

Comment

I plan on rereading IT when the CD edition comes out. It's been 25 years, so why not? i just need to clear a week in my schedule to do so...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hasn't been nearly as long since I read IT, but it's still been a few years. I want to read it with the art inside, and of course the much better paper used for it, as I am sure it will make the experience even better (and because it is a great book). I also want to read King's new afterward. I am considering reading Full Dark, No Stars again since I didn't read the CD edition of it
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X