Stephen King books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen King books

I have a Stephen King collection consisting of 36 books; I only read seven. I don't know which book to read next!

Here are the books that I am thinking about reading but I can't decide:
    • Insomnia
    • Under the Dome
    • Full Dark, No Stars
    • On Writing
    • IT

*I will post a picture of my collection and if there are any good books that'd you'd recommend please tell me!*

Well, of those books, IT is by far the best. On Writing is quicker, but may not interest you if you are not an aspiring writer.
    "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

Oh, okay! Thanks! Was Insomnia or Under the Dome good, just curious...

Comment

I liked Under The Dome quite a bit myself, and Full Dark, No Stars was very good as well
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

Insomnia is a very good book in my opinion but I have heard a lot of people that do not think so. Insomnia has a very long set up for the story but once I got into it I was unable to put it down. If you have some understanding of Greek mythology you will probably like the links to Clotho, Lagesis and Atropos as well. Of the books you listed the only one I would not read again is Under the Dome. I consider that one of Kings weaker books. My order for those books would be:
          1. Insomnia
          2. Full Dark, No Stars
          3. IT
          4. On Writing
          5. Under the Dome

Comment

You've got 29 books left, including the five you mentioned.
            I would read these in chronological order, starting with whichever one comes first.
            Carrie by any chance?

sk

Comment

I wish i had 29 King books that I had never read before, just waiting for their first read.... Oh well, i'll have to settle for the 10 or so I have left. Good thing 2 new ones are coming soon!

Comment

This is probably sacrilegious in this community (especially seeing as I run this community). But I have never read a single King book, as I've said elsewhere horror has never really been my favorite reading choice. However I am about a quarter of the way through The Gunslinger.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                  This is probably sacrilegious in this community (especially seeing as I run this community). But I have never read a single King book, as I've said elsewhere horror has never really been my favorite reading choice. However I am about a quarter of the way through The Gunslinger.
                  That is funny but don't sweat it, at least you're giving him a try now. Have fun following the man in black.

Comment

Originally posted by cdfan View Post
                    That is funny but don't sweat it, at least you're giving him a try now. Have fun following the man in black.
                    Oh I most certainly will. The dark tower series is something I've always been meaning to read, as it's a fairly iconic fantasy series, and fantasy series are most certainly my thing.

Instagram

Comment

I read Carrie, I am reading 'Salem's Lot, and read The Shining. Those were his first three books.

Comment

I know there is one coming out in November and what is his other book? The IT anniversary edition?

Comment

How did you find CD if you didn't like horror a lot? Is the Gunslinger swell?

Comment

As for the main question in the thread I like Frik51's suggestion of going in order. Sometimes he may reference characters or events from earlier books, not in a way that really spoils anything, but it is nice to already have an understanding of things that already happened.

Comment

Originally posted by fmancino View Post
                              How did you find CD if you didn't like horror a lot? Is the Gunslinger swell?
                              It's a bit off topic, but both my sister and her husband work here. When I was in between some of my past jobs I would come down and work part time, then this last time around the part time work turned full time when someone else left the company.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X