Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brother by Ania Ahlborn coming from Suntup Press:

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.
    I'm reading it now and sinking further onto the hook Ania set me on.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    It's time to read some new authors (at least new to me), getting tired of seeing limited editions of same old books, and sometimes of their terrible books too from some publishers. So i will be getting this. Besides to story line seems good.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Jumped off the fence and placed an order today . Their books are so addicting. I absolutely love my copy of Horns that came last week and look forward to seeing what they do with this.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    I preordered through Camelot. This seems like a relatively inexpensive way to see what all the fuss is about with Suntup.

Emphasis on relatively.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    I preordered through Camelot. This seems like a relatively inexpensive way to see what all the fuss is about with Suntup.

Emphasis on relatively.
    I almost pulled the trigger with Camelot as well. I’m feeling good about my decision to check out the Suntup limited edition buzz for myself. I did pick up a copy of the AE of ROSEMARY so between the two titles I think I should get a good feel for what they do.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger with Camelot as well. I’m feeling good about my decision to check out the Suntup limited edition buzz for myself. I did pick up a copy of the AE of ROSEMARY so between the two titles I think I should get a good feel for what they do.
    Congrats on jumping aboard. All I have is MISERY to judge Suntup by, but I think we’ll both be very pleased with BROTHER.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    As a heads up for anyone going through Camelot or any other source besides direct, but dealer orders are not eligible for the red snakeskin Horns.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slayn666 View Post
    As a heads up for anyone going through Camelot or any other source besides direct, but dealer orders are not eligible for the red snakeskin Horns.
    I ordered from an alternate source due to a discount being offered and I realized at the time that I would not be entered into the drawing for the red snake. I did already win an ARC so I figured lightning would not strike twice anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I ordered from an alternate source due to a discount being offered and I realized at the time that I would not be entered into the drawing for the red snake. I did already win an ARC so I figured lightning would not strike twice anyways.
    I went the same route you did as well. I did have to pause momentarily to think about whether or not I'd want to give up the opportunity to win the Red HORNS and I decided that (a) I'd most likely not win, (b) the book should be with someone that loves it and not with me who would just appreciate it, and (c) I liked the discount offered.

Good luck to all who are vying for the Red HORNS!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    I went the same route you did as well. I did have to pause momentarily to think about whether or not I'd want to give up the opportunity to win the Red HORNS and I decided that (a) I'd most likely not win, (b) the book should be with someone that loves it and not with me who would just appreciate it, and (c) I liked the discount offered.

Good luck to all who are vying for the Red HORNS!
    'Tis ok. Paul emailed me this morning and stated the Red Horns is mine. The contest is just all Dog and Pony.

I KEEP LOOKING AT THE PRODUCT PAGE AND I'M IN REAL DANGER OF BUYING ANOTHER COPY. That's crazy. you guys need to tell me I'm crazy.

I'm also reading the book, so that's a factor in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    'Tis ok. Paul emailed me this morning and stated the Red Horns is mine. The contest is just all Dog and Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I KEEP LOOKING AT THE PRODUCT PAGE AND I'M IN REAL DANGER OF BUYING ANOTHER COPY. That's crazy. you guys need to tell me I'm crazy.

So I'm taking it that you're liking the book?

I'm not one to own multiple copies of the same edition of a books so I might not be the one to ask. Now if you can get your hands on a lettered...

So I'm taking it that you're liking the book?

I'm not one to own multiple copies of the same edition of a books so I might not be the one to ask. Now if you can get your hands on a lettered...
    Yeah, I'm really liking this book.I can tell it's building to something horrific and I can't look away. Ahlborn has created such great characters and I believe this story. Totally hooked. I just wish I had more time to read!

Paul's lettered editions will be forever out of reach for me. Like most publisher's lettered editions. And I'm going to be ok with that. I don't really see the sense in buying another numbered edition. it'll be taking away almost $300 from a future "must have" book and I really don't want the hassle of trying to time a sale to get the most return on the book. And it's not like buying another copy will get them published any faster. But everything about this edition is spectacular: the story, the art, the design, the materials. I'm looking forward to this one almost as much as The Road.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Then we will get two unboxing videos. I say buy away!

When I opted to go with a third party purchase I thought about you winning. I appreciate your Joe Hill fandom and know Horn's brought you to him So I am rooting for you!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    When I opted to go with a third party purchase I thought about you winning. I appreciate your Joe Hill fandom and know Horn's brought you to him So I am rooting for you!
    Thanks, Martin! The glass half empty side of me says I'll never win it and some non-Hill fan will sell it for a zillion dollars.

Jeff. I thought about buying multiple copies to increase my chances but then I thought, like you, it takes away from a yet unknown future purchase. If it's meant to be, it'll be.

As far as they story:
    Spoiler!

Thanks, Martin! The glass half empty side of me says I'll never win it and some non-Hill fan will sell it for a zillion dollars.

Jeff. I thought about buying multiple copies to increase my chances but then I thought, like you, it takes away from a yet unknown future purchase. If it's meant to be, it'll be.

As far as they story:
    Spoiler!
    I never thought I would win the ARC either so you never know.

Regarding you story comment. I am only two chapters in and I agree with you.

As far as they story:
    Spoiler!
    You and me both on that spoiler! I am going to try to finish this book as fast as possible because it's the kind of book you need to gulp.

I never thought I would win the ARC either so you never know.

Regarding you story comment. I am only two chapters in and I agree with you.
    I felt like I won when I got the planchette with Hill House. Owning that edition is particularly sweet when you consider that it was last book with the micro print run that Paul launched with. Only Hill House and Misery share that small limitation. It was expanded from 185 to 250 with Horns. I'll be forever pissed that I missed out on MISERY.