Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brother by Ania Ahlborn coming from Suntup Press:

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Perhaps the payment plan is a solution for us both... ;-)
    If I chose to buy it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
    Last edited by Martin; 08-12-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I think you can exchange it for another title. Thanks for the input.
    Might end up doing that.

If I chose to but it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
    I believe it was around $30 for previous books. Not sure if it's based on the amount of purchase.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I believe it was around $30 for previous books. Not sure if it's based on the amount of purchase.
    If I chose to but it I will probably just bite the bullet. What is the charge for the payment plan?
    Per the site, four payments of $68.75

I'm kind of tempted for this, but I need to start being smarter about my purchases. And if I'm honest, the synopsis of this book freaks me out - I'm not sure I'll enjoy it or if it'll give me nightmares (which would be usual.)

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Per the site, four payments of $68.75
    The $30 I mention was the cost of the payment plan on top of the $68.75. Plus shipping and tax. Rough guess, you're probably looking more around $80 to $90 per month for the payment plan.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Passing, too much coming up from Centipede and others!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.

The $30 I mention was the cost of the payment plan on top of the $68.75. Plus shipping and tax. Rough guess, you're probably looking more around $80 to $90 per month for the payment plan.
    Ahhhh . . . I misunderstood.

I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
    That sounds right. That's how I was actually able to get the Eyes of the Dragon art which allowed me to get Misery. Total unexpected bonus!

Gotcha on the 5%. That explains it being higher for the higher priced books. Seems shipping is always around that amount. I know Paul has foam that protects the book made specifically for it.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.
    I did the payment plan for HORNS. The rub of it is that it added over $30 to an already pricey purchase. So it's not something you should do to save money, obviously. It's best for those who don't have the money right at the time of presale and want to secure a copy. If you have the money right now and it won't hurt your finances, then skip the payment plan.

I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns
    Well if I donít win it, youíre on a short list of people Iíll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me thatís a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And Iíd want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Well if I don’t win it, you’re on a short list of people I’ll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me that’s a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And I’d want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss
    They won't see it for sale alright. Because we'll be doing the trade in a shady motel room with me minus a kidney.

You know some non-Hill fan will end up with it and the auction will be on.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.
    I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

See, I’m talking myself into it again...

I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

See, I’m talking myself into it again...
    If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.

If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.
    Thanks, Ron. I saw your endorsement earlier and that pushed me even closer to pulling the trigger.

Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.

Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.
    On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.