Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Just finished reading BROTHER and I loved it. This was the book I was hoping PRESSURE by Jeff Strand could become. I think Ahlborn got it exactly right.
    I'm going to read it sometime in September. I have about 180 pages left in Wanderers and then a couple of other things to get to but I cannot wait to read this. I absolutely loved Kin.

Comment

Just finished reading BROTHER and I loved it. This was the book I was hoping PRESSURE by Jeff Strand could become. I think Ahlborn got it exactly right.
      Really looking forward to your thoughts on Horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Dang. I guess I need to order a reader of this. I love, love, love,..love (too much?). KIN.
        This is a very different story that Kin but really has a Kin feel to it. I consider Kin classic horror and I may put this on a similar level by the time I finish it.

Comment

I am all a'tingle.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          This is a very different story that Kin but really has a Kin feel to it. I consider Kin classic horror and I may put this on a similar level by the time I finish it.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
            I am all a'tingle.

Comment

Well I finished Brother today. I listened via Audible and I did not have the issues with the narrator that Brian861 had. While not the best narrator I have heard, he was far from the worst. The narration is flat at times but overall I though he did a good job with the story. The story is fantastic from beginning to end. I draw comparisons to Kealan Patrick Burke's KIN and Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door but without the gore. Don't get me wrong this story is brutal but at its heart it is much more about the human experience than the horrors of the story. It had a couple of twists that were predictable and several that came out of nowhere. The conclusion is appropriate and left me wanting more. I am so glad I jumped in on the limited and will return to this author.

Comment

Don't get me wrong this story is brutal but at its heart it is much more about the human experience than the horrors of the story.
                Precisely, that's why Ahlborn's novel is so horrifying and memorable...that emotional resonance, the familial relationships, the decaying and challenged humanity, etc.
                Last edited by RonClinton; 08-26-2019, 12:08 AM.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Precisely, that's why Ahlborn's novel is so horrifying and memorable...that emotional resonance, the familial relationships, the decaying and challenged humanity, etc.
                  I have not read Summer of Night. The description draws comparisons to It for me. I have read two Simmons books (The Terror and A Winter Haunting in the last year and enjoyed them both. I may have to give this one a try.

Comment

Well I finished Brother today. I listened via Audible and I did not have the issues with the narrator that Brian861 had. While not the best narrator I have heard, he was far from the worst. The narration is flat at times but overall I though he did a good job with the story. The story is fantastic from beginning to end. I draw comparisons to Kealan Patrick Burke's KIN and Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door but without the gore. Don't get me wrong this story is brutal but at its heart it is much more about the human experience than the horrors of the story. It had a couple of twists that were predictable and several that came out of nowhere. The conclusion is appropriate and left me wanting more. I am so glad I jumped in on the limited and will return to this author.
                    I'm pretty much used to him at this point. The story is meh for me anyway so........

Comment

I have not read Summer of Night. The description draws comparisons to It for me. I have read two Simmons books (The Terror and A Winter Haunting in the last year and enjoyed them both. I may have to give this one a try.
                      I really enjoyed Summer of Night and the sequel A Winter Haunting. I should have said, The subsequent books are Children of the Night (1992), Fires of Eden (1994), and A Winter Haunting (2002) LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I'm pretty much used to him at this point. The story is meh for me anyway so........
                        Are you passing on a Suntup?

Comment

Are you passing on a Suntup?
                          I ordered it to keep my number but I wouldn't have a problem letting it go. Unless the production blows me away. I'm still wavering with keeping my matching set intact even though I said that I probably would. But I have plenty of books in my collection that I don't care for and are there just for collecting purposes. I guess it'll always be this internal struggle lol.

Comment

I ordered it to keep my number but I wouldn't have a problem letting it go. Unless the production blows me away. I'm still wavering with keeping my matching set intact even though I said that I probably would. But I have plenty of books in my collection that I don't care for and are there just for collecting purposes. I guess it'll always be this internal struggle lol.
                            It's a shame you didn't like BROTHER all that much. Or at all. I think it would have to be a book I really hated for me to pass on a numbered Suntup Edition at this price. We all know a possible author I would turn down even as a Suntup book. No need to name names. But that list would be little compared to the list of books I would buy.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                              I really enjoyed Summer of Night and the sequel A Winter Haunting. I should have said, The subsequent books are Children of the Night (1992), Fires of Eden (1994), and A Winter Haunting (2002) LOL!!
                              Maybe I should read them in reverse order since I started with A Winter Haunting. I actually did not realize that it was part of a series.

Comment

The story was right in my wheel house which probably allowed me to enjoy the narrator more.

Comment

Working...
                                X