Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Girl on the Porch by Richard Chizmar

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar

The Girl on the Porch by Richard Chizmar

We're offering Rich's new book from Sub Press today. If you're in the CDCC you should have an email about it. The regular newsletter will be going out later.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-gi...the-porch.html
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    When Mr. Chizmar mentioned this one on Twitter I was hoping for a CDCC discount! Ordered, thanks!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Ordered.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Anyone know the estimated page count for this one?

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Anyone know the estimated page count for this one?
    https://subterraneanpress.com/girl-on-the-porch (Click on Additional and it shows the information below).

Authors Chizmar, Richard T.
    Artists Vaillancourt, FranÁois
    Binding Hardcover
    Type Novella
    Edition Deluxe Limited
    Year 2019
    Month August
    Print Status Pre-Order
    Shippable Yes
    Shipping Class Preorder
    Length 152 pages

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I ordered no e from Sub press. I figured with the free shipping they were offering it would be the same price as with a CDCC discount.

I went with Sub with free shipping and them being pretty close to me I should get the book pretty quick after it starts shipping. Plus I haven't joined the CDCC yet.

Just got notice that this shipped. I love out of no where ship notices

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I bought mine via CD. BUT I'm expecting Tudor's second book THE HIDING PLACE from SubPress in a couple days.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I bought mine via CD. BUT I'm expecting Tudor's second book THE HIDING PLACE from SubPress in a couple days.
    I think mine will be here Monday.

And I have no idea if I ordered Girl on the Porch. This moving thing has messed me up!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    Was it from Sub. Press? I have this on order from Sub. Press and got the usual generic shipment is on it's way email from them today. I thought it was for The Hiding Place.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Was it from Sub. Press? I have this on order from Sub. Press and got the usual generic shipment is on it's way email from them today. I thought it was for The Hiding Place.
    I received a shipping notice from Sub Press as well, and Chizmar’s novella is the only book I have on direct order with them.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I know I have The Hiding Place on order with Camelot. Pretty sure the same is true of Richard's book.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I received a shipping notice from Sub Press as well, and Chizmar’s novella is the only book I have on direct order with them.
    Yep it's Richards book. I went through my old orders and I ordered The Hiding Place from Cemetery Dance

Junior Member Visitor
    Hello all. Does anyone know how long it may typically take to receive a book from another publisher when ordered through Cemetery Dance. I just recently was able to return to this site and rekindle my collecting and this was one of the books I ordered and I’m not familiar with how the process works for other publishers. I only ask because I also ordered the Themis Files Trilogy through CD back in July and I noticed that it’s now in stock on the Sub Press website but I’ve heard nothing and can’t find a thread about it on the forum. Any insight as to what I may expect in terms of timeline is appreciated. I did email the “orders” address a couple of days ago but no response yet. Thanks!

I had to look up the order number in my email to verify. My book should be here today after taking a side trip out of Michigan to Pennsylvania before coming back to Michigan. Sometimes USPS baffles me.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeStegs View Post
    Hello all. Does anyone know how long it may typically take to receive a book from another publisher when ordered through Cemetery Dance. I just recently was able to return to this site and rekindle my collecting and this was one of the books I ordered and I’m not familiar with how the process works for other publishers. I only ask because I also ordered the Themis Files Trilogy through CD back in July and I noticed that it’s now in stock on the Sub Press website but I’ve heard nothing and can’t find a thread about it on the forum. Any insight as to what I may expect in terms of timeline is appreciated. I did email the “orders” address a couple of days ago but no response yet. Thanks!
    Hi Mike,

Honestly it just depends on how long it takes the other publisher to ship the title to us and how busy we are shipping other things when that title arrives. For example right now I have 3 other publishers books in our shipping queue, Horns (Suntup), Last Christmas (Gauntlet), A Little Purple Book (Borderlands). I've actually had A Little Purple Book for about a month, but we've been shipping other stuff and haven't had time for it yet. So again it can take a little while. As far as Girl on the Porch and Themis Files goes we haven't received our copies of either yet. I didn't even know Themis Files was out yet, so this is the first I'm hearing about it.

I never want to discourage people from buying from us, but a general rule of thumb is that if you want a title on release order it direct from the publisher and not a third party. Especially us, as we almost always prioritize CD titles in the shipping queue over other publisher titles.

Hope this helps.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Junior Member Visitor
    Dan -

Thank you for the response and information. I don’t mind waiting and this helps me to understand the process as a newer member. I’m finding everyone here at Cemetery Dance to be very informative and helpful.

Thanks again,
    Mike

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeStegs View Post
    Welcome to the board. I thought I would give you a consumers view. In my experience ordering from a third party will always take anywhere form a little to a lot longer to receive. There are advantages and disadvantages. If you are wanting the book as soon as it is released going with the publisher is the best method. Publishers will often take care of their direct orders before shipping to their wholesale customers though this is not always the case. Also take into account how much do you trust the publisher. Small press books are often ordered in advance and some publishers may go under before delivering the book. If you order from CD you will still get your money back. I do not remember the specifics but one time I got an email from Mindy that an order had been cancelled and I had been issued a refund. I often order other publishers books from CD for a variety of reasons. CD is very responsive to questions. Between Dan, Brian and Mindy they excel at providing quick responses and addressing concerns. Should you join the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club you will often get discounts on other publishers books. If for any reason after you order you decide you no longer what to receive the book CD is quick and painless to obtain a refund from.

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Welcome to the board. I thought I would give you a consumers view. In my experience ordering from a third party will always take anywhere form a little to a lot longer to receive. There are advantages and disadvantages. If you are wanting the book as soon as it is released going with the publisher is the best method. Publishers will often take care of their direct orders before shipping to their wholesale customers though this is not always the case. Also take into account how much do you trust the publisher. Small press books are often ordered in advance and some publishers may go under before delivering the book. If you order from CD you will still get your money back. I do not remember the specifics but one time I got an email from Mindy that an order had been cancelled and I had been issued a refund. I often order other publishers books from CD for a variety of reasons. CD is very responsive to questions. Between Dan, Brian and Mindy they excel at providing quick responses and addressing concerns. Should you join the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club you will often get discounts on other publishers books. If for any reason after you order you decide you no longer what to receive the book CD is quick and painless to obtain a refund from.
    I appreciate the perspective and those points are very helpful. Typically I do prefer ordering from one place that I can trust and donít mind waiting the extra time to receive a book. Iíve followed Cemetery Dance for awhile including the forum and Iíve been very impressed by the information provided and knowledge of many long time members. Also the communication from CD staff has been great and I value having a trusted relationship. I appreciate the tip on the Collectors Club and that something Iím planning to join and just waiting for CDCC #10 to go public as right now it appears to be invite only. Thank you for the welcome and informative response!