Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Amaranthine Books - Dracula

  1. #1
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    2

    Amaranthine Books - Dracula

    Has anybody seen this ? I found this over the weekend and i think its quite interesting. It might be a little over the top but I personally think i haven't seen anything like this before

    https://amaranthinebooks.com/product...vania-edition/

  2. #2
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,607
    Rep Power
    54
    That is interesting!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    I'm really into sprayed edges but not sure I'd pay that for it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,888
    Rep Power
    24
    Looks cool but I would not pay that price for it.

  5. #5
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Looks cool but I would not pay that price for it.
    Agree the price is high.. but the concept is pretty interesting. Loved the idea. Never had a dracula book which glows in the dark lmao

  6. #6
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Greater Denver Area, Colorado
    Posts
    957
    Rep Power
    10
    There’s a thread on TDT about this book. It’s a really great looking product and completely over the top. But that didn’t stop me from going hmmm ...

  7. #7
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,549
    Rep Power
    13
    Cool and interesting book. The price is the price I suppose but it seems steep.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,614
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    There’s a thread on TDT about this book. It’s a really great looking product and completely over the top. But that didn’t stop me from going hmmm ...
    I thought it looked familiar.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm considering buying the Jekyll and Hyde Jekyll Edition. ~Cap

    Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    Has anybody seen this ? I found this over the weekend and i think its quite interesting. It might be a little over the top but I personally think i haven't seen anything like this before

    https://amaranthinebooks.com/product...vania-edition/
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,888
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I'm considering buying the Jekyll and Hyde – Jekyll Edition. ~Cap
    Would you buy Jekyll, Hyde or both? It looks like a cool book. I am not sure I could read the white print on black paper version.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    York, SC
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    7
    So now Folio Society is doing an edition of Dracula. Ever notice how titles like this seem to clump together?

    https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/dra...d-edition.html

  12. #12
    Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    2
    Dark regions is also selling the amaranthine version i believe... folio one is not as cool feature wise as the other in my opinion. Though in both cases such exorbitant amounts for Dracula is just a put off.

  13. #13
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,839
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by WebInterceptor View Post
    Dark regions is also selling the amaranthine version i believe... folio one is not as cool feature wise as the other in my opinion. Though in both cases such exorbitant amounts for Dracula is just a put off.
    Ehh the features seem pretty comparable to me. It just depends on your tastes. I like the look of the Amaranthine one, but I find the glow in the dark ink to be a bit cheesy / gimmicky. They are also relatively similarly priced, with the Amaranthine one being very slightly cheaper.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  14. #14
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Man, as a long-time fairly serious Dracula collector (it's my favorite novel), I've gotta say that I find both of these new editions annoyingly overpriced. Drac is in the public domain, so you're not paying for any rights or anything, just the production costs. Although, they both are certainly nice- I don't find them worth the extremely high price points. Also, I don't really like the illustrations in the Amaranthine, and while the Folio illustrations looks better- I don't exactly love those either (I always wanted the Argentinian Symbolist artist, Santiago Caruso to illustrate it- and I believe he now has, but only in a foreign edition). These are tough for this Drac Fan to pass on, for sure, but, so far- I'm holding fast. If they ever go on sale, though..

  15. #15
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Would you buy Jekyll, Hyde or both? It looks like a cool book. I am not sure I could read the white print on black paper version.
    I like the white Jekyll edition personally. I would not buy both editions. ~Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 10-10-2019 at 12:01 AM.
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •