The Bank by Bentley Little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'm sure I'll give Little some more of my time at some point. The only other book I've given any consideration to was THE STORE since that one seems to be on his fans' short list of best books.

We'll see.
    Also The Collection . One of the great short story collections of the last 30 years .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Also The Collection . One of the great short story collections of the last 30 years .
      Maybe short stories are the best way to ingest Little. Small doses.

Comment

THE BANK by Bentley Little

Dan, just saw the official order announcement in my email..quick question: Will there be a signed/#d version to go along with the $25 trade hardcover, as you've done with most (all?) of his other new releases, or is this a trade HC release only?
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Dan, just saw the official order announcement in my email..quick question: Will there be a signed/#d version to go along with the $25 trade hardcover, as you've done with most (all?) of his other new releases, or is this a trade HC release only?
          As with Walking Alone, there will be a Graveyard Edition at some point down the line, but it won't be soon. The unannounced queue for the Graveyard Editions is pretty long, though Brian and I have a system down for them to hopefully get through a handful this year.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ah, okay -- thanks for the clarification.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              As with Walking Alone, there will be a Graveyard Edition at some point down the line, but it won't be soon. The unannounced queue for the Graveyard Editions is pretty long, though Brian and I have a system down for them to hopefully get through a handful this year.
              Nice to hear that these will be getting the limited edition treatment. I know the battle with printers and production has been challenging, but I'm looking forward to you guys getting caught up and seeing this come out on a regular basis. The Graveyard Editions are great!

Comment

Looking forward to April. This sounds really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Nice to hear that these will be getting the limited edition treatment. I know the battle with printers and production has been challenging, but I'm looking forward to you guys getting caught up and seeing this come out on a regular basis. The Graveyard Editions are great!
                  I really like the Graveyard Editions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    Thankfully, with the exception of the Bentley Little limited editions, we're only announcing the Graveyard Editions as we send them to the printer. This saves the wait for people, which is really the problem with a backlog.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      Thankfully, with the exception of the Bentley Little limited editions, we're only announcing the Graveyard Editions as we send them to the printer. This saves the wait for people, which is really the problem with a backlog.
                      Great way to approach it IMO.

Comment

So this got pointed out on the Bentley Little Facebook group (come and join, Jeff), but apparently the audiobook for The Bank came out this week. I know that the audio rights are completely separate from the print rights, but isn't it odd for the audiobook to come out nearly a month before the printed novel?

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                          So this got pointed out on the Bentley Little Facebook group (come and join, Jeff), but apparently the audiobook for The Bank came out this week. I know that the audio rights are completely separate from the print rights, but isn't it odd for the audiobook to come out nearly a month before the printed novel?
                          Not sure if this is related but some publishers are moving release dates on things. Stephen Kings If It Bleeds has been moved from 5/5 to 4/28. The Bank may have been moved up but not everyone was in a position to react to the change. Just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Not sure if this is related but some publishers are moving release dates on things. Stephen Kings If It Bleeds has been moved from 5/5 to 4/28. The Bank may have been moved up but not everyone was in a position to react to the change. Just guessing.
                            I believe Overlook stated in a newsletter that they already had copies of If It Bleeds in hand. I scanned over it really quickly so I could be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                              I believe Overlook stated in a newsletter that they already had copies of If It Bleeds in hand. I scanned over it really quickly so I could be mistaken.
                              They said the publisher is shipping to distributors early to allow them time to ship by the 4/28 release date. I assume that several distributors are getting theirs early. Would not be surprised to see some for sale early.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                Yes, it’s extremely odd, and we’ve emailed Bentley’s agent about why it happened...

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X