Dark on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark on Netflix

Anyone else watching this? There is currently two seasons on Netflix.

I watched season one when it was released, and then re-watched it, before starting season 2.

S1 was very good IMO and I'm not sure yet about S2.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Thought it was fantastic. Confusing as hell though.
    Wish I had found the following site before making it most of the way through season 2.
    https://dark.netflix.io/

It's back next year with the 3rd and final season.

Comment

This is one that's been on my list to check out.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I'm generally talking here as to avoid spoilers however the show can be very confusing. There is also a number of things that require suspension of disbelief. But this one is well done and worth ignoring a few holes/complications to the story. I love how some things circle back around and you start to catch a glimpse of the overall story.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
        Thought it was fantastic. Confusing as hell though.
        Wish I had found the following site before making it most of the way through season 2.
        https://dark.netflix.io/

It's back next year with the 3rd and final season.

Comment

I watched Season 1 last year and just finished a rewatch of it along with completing Season 2 last night and I absolutely love this show. It's at its best when it is dealing with the personal ramifications of the central dilemma versus the big overarching mythology. As with the finale to Season 1, I don't know how I feel about the reveal at the end of Season 2. The creators claim this has been part of the plan since the beginning, but I almost feel like they're going to use this as a cheat. I remain cautiously optimistic that Season 3 will bring the series to a satisfying conclusion.

I'm also happy to see that a subtitled show is getting as much love as it is. For some reason, subtitles don't fly with American audiences, which as a BIG fan of foreign films tends to bum me out a bit. It's like pulling teeth to get people to watch some of the great genre fare out there.

Comment

I just started season 1 about a week ago. Two episodes to go that I will most likely finish tonight. My girlfriend watched it and loved it and forced me to start watching when season 2 was announced so that I could join her for the watch. Can't say I can fault her logic.

Comment

I would agree with this. I have the finale left to watch of season 2. Looking forward to it but a little anxious about where they are going.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              It's at its best when it is dealing with the personal ramifications of the central dilemma versus the big overarching mythology.

Comment

Watched the season 2 finale last night.

Spoiler!

I thought that stole some of the drama at the end. That being said I am still curious about how or if they can unravel this story and put it back together in a way that will satisfy me.

Comment

I'm beginning my rewatch of the first two seasons before heading into the third and final season. I've been very diligent in avoiding spoilers for this show. I'm curious as to how they're going to wrap it all up in a satisfying conclusion.

Comment

I haven't watched the final season yet. Been so busy I'm not sure when I will be able to.

Thinking I will need to do a re-watch first as well.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                    I'm beginning my rewatch of the first two seasons before heading into the third and final season. I've been very diligent in avoiding spoilers for this show. I'm curious as to how they're going to wrap it all up in a satisfying conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      I haven't watched the final season yet. Been so busy I'm not sure when I will be able to.

Thinking I will need to do a re-watch first as well.

It's a complicated narrative so I felt a rewatch would help to not only refresh the memory but keep everything straight. I previously rewatched Season 1 before Season 2 when it came out and it made the world of difference.

Comment

So I finished all three seasons of DARK and, overall, I enjoyed it. Without going into spoilers, season three adds a new layer to the series that makes sense, but continues to convolute the storyline quite a bit. It's ambitious and rather ballsy, so I enjoyed it in that respect. It wasn't the direction that I wish they had taken the series, but that's just my opinion. As to the ending, the series could only end in one of two ways, and they went with the one that I figured they would. I still found it satisfying.

What is a letdown is that there were multiple threads that were played up in the first two seasons that had little to no bearing whatsoever on the series so in hindsight it feels like a waste of time. Now knowing how it ends, I'll probably have to do a full re-watch of all three seasons sometime down the line to see if it works as a complete narrative.

Comment

Working...
                        X