Thread: Joe Hill to Launch new line of comics with DC

Hybrid View

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

Joe Hill to Launch new line of comics with DC

Still hoping for another run of Locke & Key with IDW but am intrigued by this:

https://ew.com/books/2019/06/26/joe-..._medium=social
    Last edited by Dan Hocker; 06-26-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Still hoping for another run of Locke & Key with IDW but am intrigued by this:

https://ew.com/books/2019/06/26/joe-..._medium=social
    I fixed your link. Also so this is what DC does after they kill the Vertigo line. 5 years ago this would've been under Vertigo not DC proper.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I fixed your link. Also so this is what DC does after they kill the Vertigo line. 5 years ago this would've been under Vertigo not DC proper.
    Thanks! I am not really familiar with Vertigo. I have heard of it but that is about it. My only real experience with comics has been the work Mr. Hill did with IDW. I tried to get into The Dark Tower comics but it did not work for me.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks! I am not really familiar with Vertigo. I have heard of it but that is about it. My only real experience with comics has been the work Mr. Hill did with IDW. I tried to get into The Dark Tower comics but it did not work for me.
    Vertigo was DC's line for stuff that wasn't "Superhero" comics or was too "Adult" for the main DC line. SK did a comic through Vertigo with Scott Snyder called American Vampire. A lot of these properties were pretty famous, many turned into TV shows or movies. Some exmaples include, Doom Patrol, Hellblazer (Constantine), Human Target, iZombie, The Losers, Lucifer, Preacher, The Sandman (Neil Gaiman), Swamp Thing, and Y: The Last Man.

There's lots of others, but these are the ones that stand out to me as either popular or fairly popular TV Shows / Movies.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Sounds interesting. Don’t know if it’ll be enough to get me back into comics. I kicked the habit about seven years ago and don’t know if I want to go back down the rabbit hole.

Vertigo was amazing. As with anything, not everything worked but there was SO much good intelligent stuff. Everything Dan mentioned plus The Invisibles, Shade the Changing Man, Transmetropolitan (though I think that started under the Helix imprint). Seriously, modern comics—especially the non-superhero Image stuff—owe a huge debt to what Vertigo did.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Having never been a superhero comic guy, this will be right up my alley. Does DC go nuts with the variant covers like IDW does?