No announcement yet.

FX developing Robert McCammon's novel Speaks The Nightbird for potential series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX developing Robert McCammon's novel Speaks The Nightbird for potential series

Robert McCammon hinted about this at the launch for Cardinal Black at the Alabama Booksmith on April 20, but stated that he couldn't say much because it hadn't been "papered" yet. (The contracts had not been signed.)

https://deadline.com/2019/06/speaks-...IxN_PMDHqDT4lo

Speaks The Nightbird is one of my all-time favorite books and I hope that FX does it justice. It's not a horror novel as the article states, it's a historical fiction mystery novel. McCammon's work has been ripe for this sort of adaptation for years, let's hope that this is the start of something big.

Additional news about the Speaks the Nightbird television series:

https://sciencefiction.com/2019/09/1...kxAxCsulgmhUCE

Comment

That's really cool news! I was worried that they may try to merge multiple books/storylines into a season. To hear that each season will essentially cover one of the books is awesome. I'm a huge fan of this series and hope they can create something that gains traction so we can see a "complete" tv series. Got to say, I'm already imagining the insanity that would be season three: Mister Slaughter. Feel like an actor could do something really cool with that character.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the book series as well (as you might have guessed from my forum name) and I am looking forward to the TV series with cautious optimism. Like everyone, I just hope they do it right and stay true to the spirit of the books. The news about the television series has been scant so far, but what news there is has been encouraging.

It's somewhat unbelievable that no McCammon book has ever been turned into a movie or television series. This has been a long time coming.

Comment

Working...
        X